I've Found It !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucy 11

Veteran Member
Thank you to all of the contributors on this site ....... I've searched from Prince Rupert to Bullhead City for a boat that I would enjoy and have found it in Sidney , almost next door!!! The Breadbasket is a 28 foot converted lifeboat originally built in 1947 -- reclaimed in 1987 and rebuilt... she's a steel hull with a 120 Lehman Diesel ... The PO has taken meticulous care of the boat -- exciting!!!!! We will haul it next Friday--bottom paint and new Zincs ........ then we'll change the oil after a warm-up orientation cruise .... funny how boat shopping goes -- we looked at trailerable boats in our price range--were very close to purchasing an Albin then a C-Dory then looked at an Allweather --- all of a sudden Voila the Breadbasket appeared -- we had a look and that was it :smitten:....... So , the learning curve continues --- Info. re. the Breadbasket--Pacific Boat Brokers.com...thanks again... john

I love it.
Your diesel stove is the same as the one I have. I use it all winter long here in Alaska.
A little finicky but follow the lighting instructions to the letter and she will keep things nice and toasty for you.
Congradulations. She looks stout and salty.

SD

Congratulations John! We just closed on our boat yesterday. It's a great feeling to finally bag the boat that is right for you.

Craig
What vessel did you buy?

John
I sent you a PM, I'd love to see your vessel.

John
Breadbasket.......way to go! She is moored at the same marina I am in. Great owners, they loved that boat, always working on her or using her, Congratulations!

Breadbasket.......way to go! She is moored at the same marina I am in. Great owners, they loved that boat, always working on her or using her, Congratulations!

That's exactly the kind of thing you want to hear!

Congrats!!

HaHa Another full disp double end trawler on the forum.

Looks like you've got about as much space onboard as we do on Willy. Your ballast is in the form of engine iron instead of concrete and steel punchings. With that big engine direct drive would probably be more user friendly and no efficiency lost. You'll probably be able to cruise at about 1000rpm as you only need a 10% power loading to push the hull. I like the colors and the spaces on deck. Lots of room to get about and do what you need or want to do gracefully. This time of year the diesel stove will be great. Where are you going to anchor first? What about dinghy?

Congratulations on your purchase. One thing to note, a friend had a converted life boat and his rolled like crazy. After he fitted outriggers and stabilizers life was good. Just something to keep in mind.

Nice going.
That's a nice looking boat. So many conversions were not but it looks like you found a goody.

Might be hard to troll from, but it looks great for prawning.

Congratulations! Hope to see you out there.

PS: Sure is easy access to the steering ram!

Really spiffy. Everything you could want. Adorable. And is that an Aquadrive?

tomorrow.....

An Aquadrive it is !!!!! Leaving Pender on the 0745 ferry for Swartz Bay to have Breadbasket Hauled--Pressure Washed then we'll bottom paint..during the process the boat will be surveyed(for insurance) then change the coolant.. Next day back in the water for a one hour cruise (PO will show me the boats "little secrets".. back to North Saanich Marina for an oil/filter change ........ We will take her over to Pender in a week or so.
DYK Most boats over 15 yrs. must be surveyed however Steel hulled boats must have a dry land survey....perfect timing and the Surveyor lives just down the road................. I'm going to take pics. and IF I can figure out how to post them I will ....... thanks for everyone's good wishes ... Exciting!!!!!! ---------- Just a word for those looking to purchase. I can not imagine purchasing a boat from a seller that is not close by or from someone who you don't feel comfortable with ... the process has to be positive from square # 1 and seems to me that would be hard to achieve with long distance communication...OMHO........ stay warm and dry!!!! jp

That's the boatiest lookin' boat I've ever seen. It's so cute yah just wanta hug it.

An Update on Breadbasket

Bottom painted--re-Zinced -- Surveyed --- Coolant changed ==== Oil changed and ready for her new home at Thieves Bay ...... Very pleased with Meadows Marine Surveyor Lachlan Mackenzie who passed along a fairly extensive "to- do - list" ... replace battery cables/replace gas line/etc. etc. nothing major....... one thing that I'll need to do as time goes along is replace the Prop...I'll send a pic. when I figure out how to do that.. it's 30--LH--19 which will accept a 1 1/2 inch shaft ..... the prop that's on the boat had a plastic sleeve installed which isolated it from the zincs 'causing deterioration.... not so good BUT not a crisis ...... I may cruise across to Pender on Saturday ....... stand by john

Well done, John.

I too found my boat in our backyard (Sidney) after looking from Campbell River to Mexico. And Lachlan helped Bob Down with the survey. Also have a Dickinson stove/heater although it's the bigger brother to yours -- a thousand fish boats can't be wrong.

We'll look for you on the water.

I used Meadows to survey a boat in Sidney in 1974. They did a great job for me then too!
Enjoy your new boat, perfect for our area. Bill

Back
Top Bottom