New from Olympia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First post for us. We bought our 32' Island Gypsy a year ago; second boat for us (first was a classic Monk we sadly sold a few years ago when we moved East of the mountains for several years). Decided on fiberglass this time. Looking forward to learning lots from all of you. See you out there!

Welcome Gypsy. I was born in Yakama. My parents had a fruit farm of sorts. Post up some pictures, always good to see some mountains and things (boats). Paul

Welcome! You can certainly learn a lot at this forum, although of course there is always the necessity to separate the wheat from the chaff. :)

Looking forward to reading about your adventures with the Island Gypsy.

John

Looking forward to learning lots from all of you. See you out there!

Welcome aboard, Gypsy! I'm very interested in hearing how the 32 IG likes your part of the country. My daughter, who lives in Kirkland, WA, is constantly prodding me to ship my boat up there for a season or two.
Will you be taking your boat north of Seattle to the San Juans? Don't forget to participate in the "Halvorsen Designs" section of TF.

Attachments

• IMG_2107.JPG
    IMG_2107.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 105
Good morning and welcome! This is a great forum, with lots of information.

Be sure to ask questions about anchors and single vs twins....:banghead:

Good morning and welcome! This is a great forum, with lots of information.

Be sure to ask questions about anchors and single vs twins....:banghead:

:thumb: Peter, we all need more on those subjects. :facepalm:

Welcome Gypsy Sweethearts!

I think you will like the Island Gypsy 32. I spent some time in Olympia in 2003 and 2004 after buying an Island Gypsy 30 in Olympia. (Small world). Although we live and boated for years in Southern Cal we kept the boat up north for two years and motored it to Juneau, Alaska in 2004. Boat did well. After Alaska trip had the boat transported south to Dana Point, Calif. We love the boat although miss the phenomenal cruising grounds of San Juan's and British Columbia (in the Summer :)-)) ). Added bow thruster and removed teak decking, returned to original glass decks. Much easier to maintain and cooler in the hot weather. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom