View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #81
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
Eric--- We never postpone a cruise because we need or want to varnish or whatever. Often we can do some of this work during the cruise. And you're right, I'll have plenty to do if and when I retire. Actually, even if I retire from Boeing I'll probably come back as a consultant producer plus I have plenty of my own writing projects I want to work on. So I do not see myself ever retiring from "work."

But even with all that we'd still have more time to work on the boat (and we enjoy working on the boat, which helps). Right now we don't dare tackle big projects like putting in a new headliner in the main cabin and so on because we know these kinds of project would have to be done in fits and starts and we don't' want to tear the boat up for the length of time that would be required. Right now we keep the boat ready to go whenever we are.

Mark (and Eric)--- We only have one house and it's pretty small although we've added on to it over the years. I'm not into houses--- as long as the roof doesn't leak and the heat works in the winter I'm happy. My wife is a semi-professional cook and baker so we finally replaced the electric range the house was built with and got her a proper dual fuel range along with a really nice refrigerator last month. But outside of the occasional thing like this, the house has to pretty much look after itself.