View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #30
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
I was born in Juneau and spent 25% of my life in Alaska and I would like to do the passage via cruise ship once. But I have limited funds and those funds could be better spent elsewhere. That could change when I reach 80 though. Very unlikely the funds but best time spent.

Alaska is a great deal more than bears and fish. It's almost magic at times. The seas, mountains, river mouths, old fishing villages, Alaskan natives and old timers, The great white wilderness of winter, mining, oil, logging and fishing done in the wilderness but the greatest element of Alaska is it's geography. THE LAND. And nowhere else is a land so influenced by the sea. From ice to tides to sheer number of miles of coastline and places like Yakatat where one can stand on a beach and look up to glacier clad mountains 18000 feet high right in front of your face. Much of this can be seen and enjoyed from a cruise ship. Far far from all of it of course but I've talked to many people I know that have made the trip and enjoyed it very much. And the concept of their world will never be the same.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote