Any info on: "Gold Island" boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
I'm contemplating purchasing a "Gold Island Trawler". She's Taiwan built.

Anyone here have experience with or knowledge about mid 1980's construction quality of Gold Island brand boats?

Thanks, Art

Art said:
I'm contemplating purchasing a "Gold Island Trawler". She's Taiwan built.

Anyone here have experience with or knowledge about mid 1980's construction quality of Gold Island brand boats?

Thanks, Art

Will you keep your Tollycraft? If not, I have friends who might be interested. :)

Will you keep your Tollycraft? If not, I have friends who might be interested. :)

TY for asken Jennifer! We may or may not... yet to be determined. Seeing as you are first to ask if we decide to sell our Tolly you'll be first to know! Ciao, Art

Never even heard of the brand although that may not mean a whole lot. Have you a good photo. It may well be another offshoot of the CHB, MT lines

Never even heard of the brand although that may not mean a whole lot. Have you a good photo. It may well be another offshoot of the CHB, MT lines

No picts yet. Will take some when I visit and personally survey for a good get go! Maybe tomorrow... but, Admiral has BIG Christmas party planned and I may not get there till next week. :dance:

Heard of them over here in Oz, Art, but none come up on a search just at present, sorry.

Maybe tomorrow... but, Admiral has BIG Christmas party planned and I may not get there till next week. :dance:

Really, what time, where and can we bring anything?

I would be wary of buyin' a "no name" boat. Some years ago, Albin sent some defective hulls to the scrapyard and they wound up bein' finished by a backyard builder and sold under a different name.

I would be wary of buyin' a "no name" boat. Some years ago, Albin sent some defective hulls to the scrapyard and they wound up bein' finished by a backyard builder and sold under a different name.

Thanks, ancora... been wondering bout dat, i.e. this being a "no name" boat that not many have EVER heard of... I did locate one of same model, name and year. Although I've heard some horror stories on Tai boat production items this is first I heard bout Albin's doing as you mention. This was built in 85 and seller is orig owner. That said, he told me he has been negligent on overall maintenance for some time and clean up is required, inc new battery bank and other items. The 160 hp Lehman diesels have very low hours. Over phone he seems a straight shooter and answered my initial "qualification-questions" with the correct answers. I hope to see this baby next week between these party times of Christmas and New Year. :D

Merry Christmas and Happy Hew Year! You NYer!! :dance:

Must be at the house because "The Office" was vacant when I visited it yesterday :socool:

i think they are moving it so we can't find it. Somewhat like Nathan Detroit in Guys and Dolls. "The only permanent floating crap game in Detroit." as the song goes.

Must be at the house because "The Office" was vacant when I visited it yesterday :socool:

You went by "The Office"?? She must be a dusty girl by now! :facepalm:

Haven’t been to pet her in toooo long, obligations took precedence. :popcorn:

Hope to get her and our tow behind runabout cleaned up and out for short cruise and a long weekend hook-time early to mid January. :D :whistling:

She cried out wanting to be used. She asked me to relay the message ;)

Attachments

• 20121222_135423.jpg
    20121222_135423.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 137
She cried out wanting to be used. She asked me to relay the message ;)

Craig - Now you got me nervous. Is that pict you posted one I posted in another thread that you copied and the covered dock roof just did not come through... or is that a recent pict you took with the roof actually gone? Tell me it's not so!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom