View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #23
dwhatty
Moderator Emeritus

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
RE: "Roll Call" For Gourmet Cruisers and Island Gypsies

Hi Mark:

Yes indeed, the boating season is short here. Way, way too short. I'm in withdrawal already. And, our MG driving season is just about over as we had to put the tops (hoods?) up on the cars the other day and soon they will be putting salt (death to old cars) on the road when the snows come. I'm trying to think of the positive reasons why we live here. Well, my wife is a ski nut, its beautiful country and there are no crowds. Can't think of any other reasons at the moment. Hibernation time.

Retired? Nope. Semi-retired. Have been so all my working life as I am a self unemployed real estate lawyer. Right now the real estate market is moribund so I might as well be fully retired.

Hatches/table. Have 4 hatches to engine compartment. Moving the mock up table around I found I could get two of the small ones to port open (they just lift straight up and out as they are not hinged) to give me access to get in there and do the daily engine etc checks. To open them all at the same time may require taking the top off the table and moving it out of the cabin.

Good luck with your bleeding steering (er, bleeding your steering) and autopilot install. Our boat came with AP and I must say that its fun to use in the right conditions. 25 knot of wind going downwind does not qualify as such.

I can't seem to find any relevant threads on the PMM site. Can you point me in the right direction?
dwhatty is offline   Reply With Quote