Humor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
….

Attachments

• 8E5F33E6-15CC-4E3B-A1AB-2F4612D5E30B.jpeg
    8E5F33E6-15CC-4E3B-A1AB-2F4612D5E30B.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 41
Spelling IS important

She wrote
" In the morning, the smell of his colon was still on the sheets...."

A friend once wished me a "feliz ano nuevo." I didn't tell him.:lol:

A good wish: Feliz Año Nuevo = Happy New Year!

Am I missing something here...??

Last edited:
Yes you are ask google to translate "ano".:facepalm:

When I entered it into Google Translate it came up year. I think Google assumed there was a tilde over the letter n. Lack of a tilde makes a big difference.

When I entered it into Google Translate it came up year. I think Google assumed there was a tilde over the letter n. Lack of a tilde makes a big difference.

Actually, after my post, I got the same result, but it showed the actual meaning as a secondary possibility.

My urologist, Dr. Goldfinger, is taking a great interest in my prostate. I may need a new ano soon.

My brother in law needs to use a catheter in his ratheter... and, that ano joke!

The dear lady has been responding Ano? to me for decades. In Tagalog it means "what?".

Greetings,

Question:
Q: How many group members does it take to change light bulb ?
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jerks.
5 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
49 to post memes and gifs (several are of Michael Jackson eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)
19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
24 to discuss the merits of LED/swirly fluorescent light bulbs
44 to claim LED and fluorescent bulbs will kill you.
12 to post F.
8 to ask what F means.
7 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
15 to say "can't share"
2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"
36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"
4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.
20 to give up on fb and take their dogs for a walk instead.*****
And then somebody announces they are leaving the group over the light bulb post, and someone replies back that this isn't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure.

200w.gif

Mr. RTF, lets be clear. If you're talking about an LED light bulb, it's referred to as an emitter or a cluster of emitters. Now what were you saying?

Ted

What is the main difference between a Harley motorcycle and a hoover vacuum?

The way the dirt-bag mounts on the machine. However Harley has the advantage here because it can mount TWO dirt-bags........

Ah yes, the ability to suck start a Harley Davidson.

What is the main difference between a Harley motorcycle and a hoover vacuum?

The way the dirt-bag mounts on the machine. However Harley has the advantage here because it can mount TWO dirt-bags........

Seems to me there are 3 groups of Harley Owner Group members. Most HOGs are professionals (dentists, lawyers, small business owners) who put few miles on their machines. A few are true bad boys but they are vanishing rare. Equally rare are the Iron Butt riders. These are motorcyclists not bikers. They put big miles on their machines and even use them as the daily ride.

I’ve had Beemers, ‘Wings, Ducks, KTMs, Bonnies and hogs (5 over a period of years). Never been a biker. Have been a motorcyclist. Old ad said you meet the nicest people on a Honda. But that’s true for most HOGs and bikers as well.

Very true, Hippo.
The days when outlaw bikers on Harleys were a common sight are long past.
Only the affluent can pony up the $20-40k for the big American rigs nowadays. :socool:

Very true, Hippo.

The days when outlaw bikers on Harleys were a common sight are long past.

Only the affluent can pony up the $20-40k for the big American rigs nowadays. :socool:
Come on up to Canada! OMCs are still around, and 1% puppet clubs are on the rise in BC. Particularly on the Island.
View attachment 140405

Last edited:
Come on up to Canada! OMCs are still around, and 1% puppet clubs are on the rise in BC. Particularly on the Island.
View attachment 140405
Invalid attachment?

I agree that they still exist and riders in packs always leave an impression.
But the decline from the 60's-70's to the present is the obvious point I made.

Apologies for the lack of humor! :D

Last edited:
“If you hear the sound of hooves, it is smarter to expect horses than zebras.”
Recent quote from an economist,on the (?) forthcoming recession.Said to originate as advice to new Grad medicos.

A guy in his 50's sits down at a bar and orders a shot of Jamesons. And another. And another. Finally the bartender says "What's up bub? Maybe you should slow down..."

The patron says "Pour another. Tonight is my 25th wedding anniversary."

As the bar-keep pours another shot he says "25-years is quite an accomplishment, why the long face?"

The patron knocks the shot back and says "25-years ago tonight, I knew I'd made a mistake. I sez to myself 'maybe I should just off-her.' But noooo....I sez to myself if I do that, I'd get 25-years in prison!...............I'D BE A FREE MAN TONIGHT!! Pour me another....."

Peter

“If you hear the sound of hooves, it is smarter to expect horses than zebras.”
Recent quote from an economist,on the (?) forthcoming recession.Said to originate as advice to new Grad medicos.

Indeed. My understanding is that young medical residents often convince themselves they have symptons indicating a bizarre and rare disease they studied in med school. To which experienced MDs will say "if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. You have a common cold."

Peter

Indeed. My understanding is that young medical residents often convince themselves they have symptons indicating a bizarre and rare disease they studied in med school. To which experienced MDs will say "if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. You have a common cold."

Peter

Peter it’s called Munchausen Syndrome.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/factitious-disorder/symptoms-causes/syc-20356028

But the corollary is “when in Montana think horses. When in Zambia think zebras”

Back
Top Bottom