Humor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
image-20230310164228-6.png

The potential for jokes about this is endless.

:)

Sorry, but I don't trust the science.

Props on your sperm? Ye gads, I can't imagine it.

Mercury or Evinrude? Has to be Johnson.

2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Walked into a dimly lit, very comfortable restaurant/tavern the other day.

Noticed it was all couples close together at tables and leaning/touching on each other at the bar stools.

Took out my phone and faked a phone call... saying loudly... "You know it girlfriend... Got him! He's here with that other one right now, come on down!

Six men left abruptly!

I often wondered who Dame Edna really was. Never had taken the time to look it up. Sorry to see him/her go!

I'm still trying to get my head around how hip surgery could end up like this. There had to be pre-existing complications.

I'm still trying to get my head around how hip surgery could end up like this. There had to be pre-existing complications.

Any surgery is risky at that age. For instance, if you need a knee replacement that is pretty routine at 65, surgeons may not do the surgery if you are 90.

Anesthesia kills, especially older people. Don't ask me how I know... :banghead:

The risk of fatal infections in that type of surgery can't be taken lightly. If the infection gets into the bones there is no blood flow to deliver the antibiotics. While not common I do know of one person who died from infection following hip replacement.

Greetings,
Mr. b. Re: "Am I missing the humor somehow?" There is absolutely no humour in the tragic event BUT worlds, nay galaxies of humour in Dame Edna. Beyond comic genius. There isn't a massive enough superlative to describe "her".

The limited details presented did mention it being for a hip fracture. As in, something else lead to/caused a hip fracture and this was surgery to deal with that.

Any kind of surgery has risks. They increase significantly if it's to repair trauma. Likewise risks increase with advanced age. Combine them and, well, the chance of a negative outcome dramatically increases, sad to say.

Greetings,
Mr. b. Re: "Am I missing the humor somehow?" There is absolutely no humour in the tragic event BUT worlds, nay galaxies of humour in Dame Edna. Beyond comic genius. There isn't a massive enough superlative to describe "her".

Maybe this???

Dame Edna was!

Supercaladupalisticproformasupsiderdistrosumobtchdegreatttt!!

Attachments

• edna.JPG
    edna.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
Greetings,

I don't disagree RT, just thought this thread was for humor and I didn't find anything funny about his passing. Maybe I misunderstood why it was posted here so if so I apologize. What I meant was that reaading the obit was sad, not humorous.

Posting a death here was a concern. No where better came to mind for a great humorist and satirist known the world over, on balance, here it was. Not funny, but he was,riotously so.
I saw him live once, and have several of his books which record extraordinary practical jokes. He was banned from Qantas after loudly feigning motion sickness using the paper bag provided,then proceeding to eat the contents of the bag with a fork, having previously concealed a can of Heinz Russian salad in it, with startling effect on passengers nearby.
Last night I saw a video clip of Dame Edna briefly sharing the Royal theatre box with the now King Charles and Camilla. "She" arranges for a suited man to deliver an Opera House envelope, opens it to announce, rising from the chair: "They`ve found me a better seat". Better seen,my recitation does the humor a disservice.

Last edited:
I found the Dame Edna video, hope it works:

Thanks! Hadn't watched the Dame perform for a while!! LOL

Per Xlantic's funny post 2720: Proving... A picture is worth a thousand words!!

Most sailors were right handed, so the steering oar was placed over or through the right side of the stern . Sailors began calling the right side the steering side, which soon became "starboard" by combining two Old English words: stéor (meaning "steer") and bord (meaning "the side of a boat").

Why is it called starboard and port?

The word 'starboard' is the combination of two old words: stéor (meaning 'steer') and bord (meaning 'the side of a boat'). The left side is called 'port' because ships with steerboards or star boards would dock at ports on the opposite side of the steerboard or star.

Per Xlantic's funny post 2720: Proving... A picture is worth a thousand words!!

Most sailors were right handed, so the steering oar was placed over or through the right side of the stern . Sailors began calling the right side the steering side, which soon became "starboard" by combining two Old English words: stéor (meaning "steer") and bord (meaning "the side of a boat").

Why is it called starboard and port?

The word 'starboard' is the combination of two old words: stéor (meaning 'steer') and bord (meaning 'the side of a boat'). The left side is called 'port' because ships with steerboards or star boards would dock at ports on the opposite side of the steerboard or star.
And, predating 'port', 'larboard' the loading or 'lading' side tied up to a wharf.
As if sailing ships didn't have enough ways to go astray!

A guy gets into a taxi, after a while he wants to ask the driver something,so he taps the driver on the shoulder. Surprised, the driver screams out, jerks the wheel, crosses 3 lanes of traffic, mounts the kerb, stops just short of hitting a solid brick wall.
Shaking, he says "please, never do that" then reflecting, adds" not really your fault, it`s is my first day driving a taxi, last 25 years I worked for a funeral home, driving the hearse and collecting newly deceased bodies from the hospitals and homes".

Remember the Lucas 3 position switch, Off/Dim/Flicker? Recently read an acronym for Lucas: Left Us Cold And Stranded.

Remember the Lucas 3 position switch, Off/Dim/Flicker? Recently read an acronym for Lucas: Left Us Cold And Stranded.

When I had an MGB I always carried replacement wiring smoke.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 302
Back in the 70's I attended the Paris Auto Show with a friend who was an area rep for Robert Bosch Corp. Nick was Dutch and had a heavy accent and a booming voice. As we passed through the vendor area, Nick recognized his counterpart rep in the Lucas booth, so we stopped to talk. The Lucas rep was excited about the new Lucas Medical division and started to tell us about it. Nick immediately stopped him and asked quite loudly "Can you imagine going through life with a Lucas Pacemaker, ha, ha, ha?" which got a chuckle from some in the crowd, but the Lucas rep was not amused.

Joseph Lucas was truly the "Prince of Darkness.":socool:

Lucas =Prince of Darkness.

Ran a morris garage as a daily driver. Carried a can of ether. Would dab it on stuff to dry it out and make it work. At least enough to get to work. Also great starter fluid. When possible would park on a hill. Get it rolling pop it in 2nd and off you go.

Last edited:
This happened several times. My MIL is a real estate agent. We had a property for sale, and as you know, when your listing is ready to expire you get phone calls. Every agent-wanna-be wants the listing. I finally said to one "if you'll give me the same deal I have now, I'll list it with you". So he jumps all over it. Then I tell him "I'm currently sleeping with her daughter, do you have any daughters? "
CLICK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom