A right proper pilothouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

refugio

Guru
Vessel Name
Lulu (Refugio sold)

Attachments

• Pilothouse.jpg
    Pilothouse.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 499
And with a right proper engine room, too. Beautiful twin Atlas diesels...

Beautiful boat.
Engine order telegragh is set for "all ahead flank" with no one in the pilot house???
John

John

The boat is running on autopilot. ;)

The Atlas diesels were retrofit with pneumatic control. Engine order telegraph is no longer used. Got a thorough tour of the Yellowfin a few years back by the very salty and crusty chief engineer.

An absolutely fantastic little ship.

I'd say that is a right proper ship by anyone's standard.

What a gorgeous classic ship. I just hope she us bought by someone who will love her to bits and who has enough loose change to keep her in tip top condition.

Wow that is one beautiful vessel. Every detail has been addressed. Anyone would be proud to own her. I hope she will be around for years to come. That type of workmanship is rarely seen these days.

What the specs don't mention is the lack of a marine gear. Yellowfin currently lives in a shelter in the Fraser River when not out on charter. Getting into the narrow opening of the shelter, which sits at right angles to the river current, with no transmisssion, requires, for each change from fwd to reverse or vice-versa to stop the engines and restart in the other direction. Can be a sight to see!

Beautiful twin Atlas diesels...

Parts?

Might be at Volvo prices.

As a young man, I recall that these ex-military (Army) were used as freight boats from Seattle to Ketchikan. Later one was used to haul freight from Prince Rupert B.C. Canada to Ketchikan. One would never thought that a finished boat such as this example, would carry on into this day and age. Thanks for posting, truly a exquisite example of marine history.
A.M. (Al)Johnson-Ketchikan
27' Marben
''Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.'

Can any one explain the reason for the unusual semi circular table cut out in photo 4 of the photo gallery. Sorry not sure how to post the actual picture.

Can any one explain the reason for the unusual semi circular table cut out in photo 4 of the photo gallery. Sorry not sure how to post the actual picture.

Is it not so the waiter who could stand wedged in the table and not be thrown about by the ship's movement?

Back
Top Bottom