GB 36 classic twin diesel fuel leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you share some photographs?
I took lots of pics and kept a project log during the process. I'll have to figure out how to post pics here, but I suspect I can do that.

If folks are interested, I could start a new thread (so as not to hijack this one).

As a new comer to posting here, I could use some guidance re what section would be best for such a tale - here? General maint? The Island Gypsy section?

Are you interested in any a particular aspect of the repair approach?
If the topic isn't of general interest to the group, I could privately send you a summary.

Last edited:
I took lots of pics and kept a project log during the process. I'll have to figure out how to post pics here, but I suspect I can do that.

If folks are interested, I could start a new thread (so as not to hijack this one).

As a new comer to posting here, I could use some guidance re what section would be best for such a tale - here? General maint? The Island Gypsy section?

Are you interested in any a particular aspect of the repair approach?
If the topic isn't of general interest to the group, I could privately send you a summary.

Starting a new thread would be best so that in the future people can find it and see what you did. As to posting photos, it is pretty easy. Go to the home page and there is a section on how to use the forum. In that section there is a sticky post on how to post photos.

Given your location, you should check out Triton Liners. The owner lives in Jupiter FL... Assuming they can access the side (or top) of your fuel tank they actually go in and weld/build a new fuel tank inside your existing tank. Again, they just don't fix the leak, they actually line your existing tank with new aluminum, install new baffles, etc... Your tank will be stronger/better than when it was new. I just had this done on my 2020 Beneteau Swift Trawler 44 and they did a great job... Clean and professional. Typically far less expensive vs. removing/replacing with new tanks.

I would love to have it done in my own slip. I did not realize that was a possibility. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom