Mainship 395 interior remodel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hmunster

First hello all.
I am wondering if anyone out there knows how to remove the cushions from a the dinette on a Mainship 395. The seat toward the bow has no storage undeneath due to it being over second cabin to provide headroom. Panels seem very firmly attached with the cabinetry in the way. I have tried pushing pulling sliding lifting but I am afraid I will break something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First hello all.
I am wondering if anyone out there knows how to remove the cushions from a the dinette on a Mainship 395. The seat toward the bow has no storage undeneath due to it being over second cabin to provide headroom. Panels seem very firmly attached with the cabinetry in the way. I have tried pushing pulling sliding lifting but I am afraid I will break something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to TF. As you have a very model specific issue, I have taken the liberty of moving your thread now to the Mainship subsection. There should be some who can help you more likely to notice your query there. Cheers, :flowers:

Try sliding it UP. I had a boat with a seat back that was similar and it had keyhole mounts on the back.

hidden screws

On my Mainship Pilot 430 the settee cushions backs are removed by accessing the screws that are in the joint of the cushion itself, mine are roughly half way down the back of the rear cushion where the cushion folds back in, the screws are in that joint, you can find them by running your finger in the horizontal joint and when you find them then spread the cushions apart to access the screws. If you have additional trouble message me and I'll send you some pictures.

Not very many 395's were built and i don't know if they shared much of the 34T interior. That said, it sounds like you are trying to remove the seat and not the back. if so, is the seat solid or does it have two cushions? If it does there would be screws between the cushions. If not, see if you have any movement as you try to lift starting from one side and moving toward the other. Mainship may have used velcro

tried suggestions

On the bottom seat I can pull it up a little but it feels like I am going to break it or rip something out. As for the back I have pulled up as hard as I can and it will no budge. Can't seem to find any seams to find a screw, and there is no access from below.

Still hoping for suggestions......thanks again

Remember that if it doesn’t give don’t force it just get a bigger hammer…

Can you add some pictures? It has to be removable if they were able to install it in the first place. I've owned two Mainships and I considered both easy to work on and upgrade.

Thank you all for the suggestions I finally went brute force and found the back near the bow was held on with dual lock Velcro. The bottom wa the same on the sides and the front however the back edge was some how screwed in inside the vinyl and under the foam. Had to keep tipping up until 3 screws ripped through the plywood and one snapped off. The back rest towards the stern was remove by taking out the bolts on the stainless steel Support, and then removing the refrigerator. There were two nuts that had to be removed from bolts that are part of the cushion and then tapped forward. I left the nuts on the boltsso that I wouldn’t damage a thread when I tapped them out. I also removed the couch which was held in by a couple of screws into the floor. This fits with about an inch and a half to spare through the door after taking it all to a reupholster. I got an estimate for about 4K which gave me a little sticker shock, does anybody know if this material is ultra leather? Thanks again all I hope this information helps somebody else get it out don’t be afraid to push or lift pretty hard if you’re trying to remove these.

Additional info.

Someone had mentioned that there wer e hidden screws. They were right, they punch small holes in the vinyl and then drive the screws done through the back. I found 4 across the back of the cushions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom