Asd 2023 se alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Thought I would open a thread for our trip to SE Alaska this summer. Enjoy.

Preparation:

We start cleaning and loading around first part of April. Marking chain rode, cleaning lines fixing stuff. We also travel to Ilwaco and pull ASD and put her on the hard for a week or so. Wash, wax and have the gel-coat dude come out and fix impact zones. I hope we will have fun. Start looking for weather windows end of April.

Having issues uploading pics. Will get some posted later

Do we need to warn all the Canadian boaters???

The fish have been warned and locals are hoarding the Amber.

ASD is probably sorry he started this thread with all the grief he is getting…

Nice day today. A wax on wax off today. The admiral's job is to touch up bottom paint. Should have bought stock in Advil! 20230329_135120.jpg20230329_133903.jpg20230329_104117.jpg

We compounded the bow deck and then waxed on waxed off the rest of the whole boat this winter. Lots of fun…

We'll be following! We may see you on your way by. No Alaska for us this year.

We'll going to be in Desolation Sound, and BC until September when we'll take a left turn at Cape Flattery en route to SOC, Panama, and points East . . . Enjoy!

Well wax on, wax off complete. Not bad for a 1988 boat.

Look at the reflections on the hull. I impressed myself....lol20230330_145212.jpg

Check out Ford's Terror if you can -- VERY carefully! Amazing place, but requires good timing and care to enter, exit and anchor safely.

I am on my way back up, having been down to La Paz and currently in Ensenada. Plan to be passing through on my way back to Seward arriving hopefully in early June. I will look for your AIS along the way!

Check out Ford's Terror if you can -- VERY carefully! Amazing place, but requires good timing and care to enter, exit and anchor safely.

I love the name of that place. Been by there but have never gone in

I am on my way back up, having been down to La Paz and currently in Ensenada. Plan to be passing through on my way back to Seward arriving hopefully in early June. I will look for your AIS along the way!

Impressive passage making cruise for you Doug, and from memory solo and a medium sized boat?
Hats of to your determination and skills!

Done with the haulout. New shaft seals, zines, bottom paint and 3 long days of wax on, wax off. The cost for the haulout went Waaaay up. Had some friends help me bring ASD back to the home dock.

Time to start unpacking the Alaska gear and get it loaded. Looking at the tides May 12-13 look good to start heading north. Lets hope the weather is good.View attachment 13770120230405_135210.jpg20230405_173529.jpg

How much did the friends cost you???
You see it in his hands. BBQ those while underway, was a cool experience, right under the Astoria bridge. The haulout was many, much $$$. Prices have gone up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom