Bacchus
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Alum Anodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by porman View Post
Bacchus, are you using aluminum anodes in the engine? I can't find any in the Seattle area and the only place I can find online only sells wholesale.
Ill attach my list. Yes all alum - I've switched the hull anode to a rectangulat plate I drilled to match the oval style mtg bolts. Larger area & thicker so lasts longer. I have to cut one corner to clear the prop tunnel.
I like & use Performance Metals anodes with the reinforcing rod in the center. When I called the they asked where I was to check for a retailer but replied there were none in my area so told me to order direct.
When I first brought my boat to fresh water I looked for Mag but could not find a full compliment and was the reason I switched to Alum. Alum is getting more & more common and Mag less so.
I have found the Oil Cooler anode Yan called for eroded quickly - quicker than all others - I have switched to a longer / same size rod and having better success. There is room for the one shown as my Tranny cooler that is 1/2" longer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Aluminum Anodes.pdf (176.6 KB, 3 views)
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote