Can the Cruise Industry survive ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda lost the essence of the thread. The people on this forum are not a good slice of the general public. Whether you hate or love cruise ships is immaterial. We are more adventurous and tend to live out our dreams. The millions of regular people will never venture out as most of us have or will. These are the ones who will keep the cruise industry alive and well, living out their form of adventure on a big cruise ship with well organized excursions. There are millions more of them than us. As far as the deals, they are always offering deals to those they think they can entice to add to their client list, but the millions of passengers they have hooked with long range plans only think they are getting a deal. I wait until the last minute because I am flexible usually creating a good “deal” environment. If the thread is still going in April, I’ll give you a report on our one way cruise from Hawaii back to the mainland.

Regarding: "If the thread is still going in April"

Even C-19 can't kill off this thread! Looking forward to learn of your Hawaii criuse...

Norovirus? I had one of those on a cruise once.

Edit: RT, you beat me to it!

RT, those hornets scare the heck out of me. Last summer trimming some hedges, I didn't realize there was a wasp/hornet nest a foot or 2 below where I was trimming. a single sting on the back of my hand, blew up my arm from elbow down for a couple weeks. Eating benedryl like candy along with topical creams had little affect. I am not particularly allergic to my knowledge, but that damned little bug ruined a couple weeks of prime boating season last year.

Good old Ruby Princess! Thought they`d change the name, but no. She put 600 Covid infected people ashore in Sydney in 2020.
Seriously, 300 cases of norovirus? C`mon! Majestic Princess last November infected 800 pax plus an unstated number of crew, and kept cruising.

Some of you who have sailed British Columbia waters will be familiar with the Hakai Institute on remote Calvert Island--and the others should be.;) They produce a remarkable magazine on maritime matters. Here's a recent article on the cruise industry.

Some of you who have sailed British Columbia waters will be familiar with the Hakai Institute on remote Calvert Island--and the others should be.;) They produce a remarkable magazine on maritime matters. Here's a recent article on the cruise industry.

Thanks for the link.

In this case: Much needs to occur [become correctly acted upon] that can make humans and nature and port residents compatible. Toward interactions with nature's conditions and coordinating with port inhabits... the cruise industry NEEDS to Get Real.

Cruise lines are another instance of humans not thinking clearly; therefore, too often incorrectly taking advantage of circumstances at hand.

In effect - Civilization needs to "Get Real" - in what we do and how we act! Before it becomes too late. I'm confident you know as to what I imply, regarding future climate and environmental conditions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom