N625

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bowball

Guru
Does anyone know much about the N625? I see hull 1 just arrived.

I’m curious about what the interior layout will feel like as the salon looks tight and thoughts on the hull, etc. whether it’s a worthy boat to consider versus her older siblings.

Attachments

• 7F032FA2-22EA-4FE3-B862-7E460F7C893A.jpg
    7F032FA2-22EA-4FE3-B862-7E460F7C893A.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I'd be pretty disappointed spending $4-5M for a new boat with that interior. What can you get for your money used, say 10 years old, with enough left over to pay her Opex for half a decade? Bet you can get another 10ft of length.

I expect the price is $2.5 to $3m, not $4-$5m. If that changes your view of it...

The layout looks very close to it's predecessor the N60, using the most popular interior layout from that model. I don't know if the hull form is identical or if it has been revised.

I'd probably push that to maybe low 3s? Just guessing though. TBH aside from the prettying up they talk about on the website, the biggest layout change looks like the staircase seems more space efficient now.

Good looking boat. Here is some drone footage from a day or so ago.

Note she has a large cockpit space, plus a pretty sizeable swim platform for a LOA of 65-feet so interior living spaces are a bit more like a boat in the mid/upper 50s. Would be a nice boat for temperate climates especially.

Shows Hull #3 is available for $2.5m. Sounds like PAE is trying to move more towards production versions with fewer options to steamline production and purchase process. I guess the 41s/51s built in Turkey restrict options. This 625 isn't quite as restrictive as the 41/51s, but more so than other Nordhavn builds in the similar size.

https://www.nordhavneurope.com/nordhavn-models/nordhavn-625/

Peter

“Note she has a large cockpit space, plus a pretty sizeable swim platform for a LOA of 65-feet so interior living spaces are a bit more like a boat in the mid/upper 50s.”

That actually makes alot of sense, because she does not feel like a 60+ ft boat inside.

I guess from my perspective there isn't any real difference between Five Million and three million. Both are crazy out of sight. Worth it or not is probably a discussion for another time.

pete

Personally think she’s drop dead gorgeous. Think her interior would work just fine at anchor, in a slip or on passage. There’s a reason that interior with minor changes is popular.

Would be interested in TT or other N owners on choices for batteries, heads and if they would spec watermakers, solar or other devices. Also would you spec teak or cherry.

my understanding is its the same 60 hull mold, with an updated interior layout. The 60 is the most popular hull size in the N line with almost 100 sold. There have been about 600 N's sold total, more than 15% are one hull having offered more than 20 different hulls...that says a lot. Although with the price/popularity of the new 41/51 models, i expect one of those to surpass the 60's in a few more years.

“Note she has a large cockpit space, plus a pretty sizeable swim platform for a LOA of 65-feet so interior living spaces are a bit more like a boat in the mid/upper 50s.”

That actually makes alot of sense, because she does not feel like a 60+ ft boat inside.

What boats in the same size range do you feel have more interior space? I'm wondering how they are set up differently. I know a bunch of space is lost to tankage on the Ns that is otherwise usable on some other boats. Just curious what else is different.

I'd be pretty disappointed spending $4-5M for a new boat with that interior. What can you get for your money used, say 10 years old, with enough left over to pay her Opex for half a decade? Bet you can get another 10ft of length.

Judging by the number of hulls N has sold, doesn’t sound like a lot of disappointment out there.

Personally think she’s drop dead gorgeous. Think her interior would work just fine at anchor, in a slip or on passage. There’s a reason that interior with minor changes is popular.

Would be interested in TT or other N owners on choices for batteries, heads and if they would spec watermakers, solar or other devices. Also would you spec teak or cherry.

I expect LFP batteries are an option, and surely a watermaker too if it isn't standard. Interior wood can typically be picked from a selection by the buyer. We had teak on our N60, and Cherry on the N68. But that's a very individual choice.

my understanding is its the same 60 hull mold, with an updated interior layout. The 60 is the most popular hull size in the N line with almost 100 sold. There have been about 600 N's sold total, more than 15% are one hull having offered more than 20 different hulls...that says a lot. Although with the price/popularity of the new 41/51 models, i expect one of those to surpass the 60's in a few more years.

I'm 95% sure that the mold for the 625 is new, and although the N60 is the starting point, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked it a bit now that they are using CFD to model the hulls.

The 100 hulls built to date include the 55, 60, and 63, all of which have come out of the same mold. I don't know the exact numbers, but around 55 were N55s, there are probably 30-35 N60s, and around 20 N63s. I think it recently passed the N46 as the highest running, though the 47/52 is right up there two pushing 100 cycles through the mold.

I always thought it was curious that they went by a hulls from mold numbering system and not a number of model made. They also did this on the 64/68 change and the 72/76 change is my understanding.

Seems to cause more confusion than anything.

I'm 95% sure that the mold for the 625 is new, and although the N60 is the starting point, I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked it a bit now that they are using CFD to model the hulls.

The 100 hulls built to date include the 55, 60, and 63, all of which have come out of the same mold. I don't know the exact numbers, but around 55 were N55s, there are probably 30-35 N60s, and around 20 N63s. I think it recently passed the N46 as the highest running, though the 47/52 is right up there two pushing 100 cycles through the mold.

I always thought it was curious that they went by a hulls from mold numbering system and not a number of model made. They also did this on the 64/68 change and the 72/76 change is my understanding.

Seems to cause more confusion than anything.

And it's not consistent either, just to add to the confusion. So, for example, hull numbering was not reset to 1 when the N60 was introduced. But the hull numbering WAS reset to 1 for the N63 even though it's the same mold and hull as the N60. I thing numbering continued when the 47 became the 52. I don't know about the 475 which is a stretch of the 43.n So it's kind of all over the place.

And it's not consistent either, just to add to the confusion. So, for example, hull numbering was not reset to 1 when the N60 was introduced. But the hull numbering WAS reset to 1 for the N63 even though it's the same mold and hull as the N60. I thing numbering continued when the 47 became the 52. I don't know about the 475 which is a stretch of the 43.n So it's kind of all over the place.

From a marketing perspective, makes sense. When Willard reintroduced the W40 trawler with new interior and deck tooling in 1998, they named it (....wait for it.....) The Willard 40. Afficanados knew it wasn't the same as a 1974 Willard 40, but no one else did. Clearly they needed to stretch the hull mold 2-feet (BTW - the W36 was originally 34-feet when it came off Wm Garden's drafting board).

Peter

I have a 42 which is also called a 44 . Change was an internal staircase to the flybridge. Both have a longer loa than 46’

I think the layout of the 55/60/625 appears smaller than many competitors similarly sized RPH cruisers, but it’s more functional for the way most boats of that sized are used.

Most ~60’ RPH boats have three cabins below decks: a nice midship master, a good VIP suite forward, and a bunk room somewhere between the two. The Nordhavn 55/60/625 have just the two below deck cabins. The 55s and early 60s had a full beam master on the same level as the galley. A really nice layout for owner operators, which is pretty much every 60’ trawler. The downside is when guests are aboard—they either have to walk through the master to get to the guest room, or go up to the pilothouse and then down again. Lots of stairs. The 55s and some 60s also had a VIP layout that’s fallen out of favor, with a two-person-ish bed on one side and desk on the other. Some of the later boats have a more traditional arrangement with an island queen in the VIP room.

With the N60, they (optionally) added a hallway from the galley to the forward VIP room, but this eats into the formerly spacious master. The tradeoff is no companionway from the pilothouse to the forward cabin, so there is room for a second helm chair and a full-beam nav console. And fewer stairs for guests.

Instead of a cramped below deck bunk room, the third cabin on the 55/60/625 is in the pilothouse. It’s not spacious, but is fine for a captain or crew person while on passage when they need to be close to the watchstander. There’s also a head in the pilothouse which is awesome when passagemaking.

It’s a great layout for a couples cruiser. The salon, galley, and master are basically on one level. Go up to the pilothouse and down to the “basement” storage area and machinery spaces.

Sometime during the 60 production run they also extended the salon about 18 inches. The cockpit is still spacious, and the extra room in the salon is appreciated.

I think the layout of the 55/60/625 appears smaller than many competitors similarly sized RPH cruisers, but it’s more functional for the way most boats of that sized are used.

Most ~60’ RPH boats have three cabins below decks: a nice midship master, a good VIP suite forward, and a bunk room somewhere between the two. The Nordhavn 55/60/625 have just the two below deck cabins. The 55s and early 60s had a full beam master on the same level as the galley. A really nice layout for owner operators, which is pretty much every 60’ trawler. The downside is when guests are aboard—they either have to walk through the master to get to the guest room, or go up to the pilothouse and then down again. Lots of stairs. The 55s and some 60s also had a VIP layout that’s fallen out of favor, with a two-person-ish bed on one side and desk on the other. Some of the later boats have a more traditional arrangement with an island queen in the VIP room.

With the N60, they (optionally) added a hallway from the galley to the forward VIP room, but this eats into the formerly spacious master. The tradeoff is no companionway from the pilothouse to the forward cabin, so there is room for a second helm chair and a full-beam nav console. And fewer stairs for guests.

Instead of a cramped below deck bunk room, the third cabin on the 55/60/625 is in the pilothouse. It’s not spacious, but is fine for a captain or crew person while on passage when they need to be close to the watchstander. There’s also a head in the pilothouse which is awesome when passagemaking.

It’s a great layout for a couples cruiser. The salon, galley, and master are basically on one level. Go up to the pilothouse and down to the “basement” storage area and machinery spaces.

Sometime during the 60 production run they also extended the salon about 18 inches. The cockpit is still spacious, and the extra room in the salon is appreciated.

Nice summary of the evolution and pros/cons.

The lower hallway layout has become much more popular recently. It was the original layout for the boat, but when we built ours in 2013/14, nobody had built it yet, including us. If I were building again I would seriously consider it. Having the wider PH with two helm seats is really important for us, and was one of the big attractions to the N68. But at the time my wife didn't want to give up the space in the master.

The forward stateroom I think is clearly a better layout, regardless of other layout consideration. I think we made a mistake not doing it on our N60, not only for guest comfort, but for resale. I could have sold my N60 privately, a couple times over, if it had the forward stateroom rather than the side stateroom + desk. It's what everyone wanted, and in hind sight, with good reason.

The two helm seats is huge. I'm looking forward to that at some point.

I think the hallway layout change is even more pronounced when you look at the 52s. Really changes the pilothouse.

Nice summary of the evolution and pros/cons.

The lower hallway layout has become much more popular recently. It was the original layout for the boat, but when we built ours in 2013/14, nobody had built it yet, including us. If I were building again I would seriously consider it. Having the wider PH with two helm seats is really important for us, and was one of the big attractions to the N68. But at the time my wife didn't want to give up the space in the master.

The forward stateroom I think is clearly a better layout, regardless of other layout consideration. I think we made a mistake not doing it on our N60, not only for guest comfort, but for resale. I could have sold my N60 privately, a couple times over, if it had the forward stateroom rather than the side stateroom + desk. It's what everyone wanted, and in hind sight, with good reason.

Back
Top Bottom