Christmas Decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Must be something in the water over in your part of the world at the moment.

I logged on this morning to be greeted by a post on OTDE, discussing/confusing Noah with Jonah, morphing in to Joan of Arc accompanied by two Mosquitoes. Only to find over here Marin considering murder in the first degree of some poor old semi retired bloke, leaving his pet reindeer orphans.

Perhaps it is the first signs of the Mayan prophesy of the imminent end of all things forecast for December 21. If Mark starts lauding the benefits of a flybridge I think we may all be in big trouble.

Perhaps it is the first signs of the Mayan prophesy of the imminent end of all things forecast for December 21.

Don't get me started... the first sign of the apocalypse was the end of Hostess. :(

Anyone planning a party for December 21 celebrating the end of the Mayan calendar and the new beginning?

We're in the middle of a set if storms so came down to spend the night on the boat and take the Bimini down (dumb that we didn't do that Sunday!!). The lights are fine-they're zip tied at each stanchion and I doubt they're going anywhere--but Santa fell out of his chair. We've put him back to rights and adjusted his anchor points. Interested to see how he does in the next few storms rolling through. :)

Caution: sailboat lingo to follow...We can string lights up the forestay to the masthead down the topping lift to the aft end of the boom. Thence, back to the mast along the boom on the dinghy hoist line that is held 4 inches above the boom. (End of sailboat terms).

On the pointy end, another string can along the lifeline from the starboard pilothouse door to the bow pulpit back down the lifelines to the port side door.

As long as the bulbs can not bang on the mast, boom, or railings, the wind can blow and all will be well. Done this a dozen times with the loss of 6 bulbs. It delights the grandkids.

I string a garland of silver tinsel around my swim-step to keep the ducks and the mountains of duck poop off it. Does that count?
Of course, the ducks would appreciate it, especially Christmas ducks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom