Californian with Brower davits and Rule hoists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickyD

Guru
Vessel Name
Aquarius
Vessel Make
Californian 55 CPMY
I'm going to post this in a couple places because others have and will be going through this. My Brower Davit is both hydraulic (boom) and electric (winch) The winch/hoist is a Rule T33 rated at 3300 lb as a winch. My Caribe 12 is almost 800lbs. It has been working for the last 2 years. Recently it didn't want to bring the Caribe all the way up. I believed the motor was dying. I took it apart and it looked beautiful inside. Humm. Ok, lets call rulewinchparts.com. Well they don't want to work anymore. They said find a replacement. So the Warn DC800 hoist uses the same bolt pattern and fits in my davit but the gear box is on the opposite side. Also, it was rated just a little better than the Rule T33 so I looked for something stronger. The Warn DC1000 is too big but the DC1000 short spool fits great. So I just drilled three new holes centered through the top of the davit. When done carefully (we were just lucky) the gear box will be flush to where the Rule ended and the motor side does not even protrude as far. Now I have the power I need. Very happy with this replacement.

Any leads on a replacent for Rule T33S winch?

Thank you.

Nothing beyond what I posted above.

I take this back. The Warn DC1000 has been replaced by the DC1200. I don't know the dimensions nor do I know if it is available in a short spool. Which Brower davit do you have?

Nautical Structures davit.

Nautical Structures davit

Back
Top Bottom