View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 11:41 AM   #20
Cold Duck
Senior Member
Cold Duck's Avatar
City: Discovery Bay
Vessel Name: Cold Duck
Vessel Model: MS 350 Trawler, 1997
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by GoneFarrell View Post
Yes. It's called a Pasaporte de la Conservacion. We call it the anchor permit. One per person on board in the islands. Daily, weekly, monthly or annual. An annual is 2000 pesos. We got ours in La Paz, office near the marina.
That's part of the beauty and Bain of Mexico. Have to go to La Paz for permit, same for Ham lic. Had same issues in Mulege with fishing permits which they were checking via pangas. They can make trying to be legal so difficult. One year they had a typo from Mex City instead of $150/yr it read to charge $150/day for lic. Official in Baja would not question anything from Mex City so they just told everyone not to get the permit. Gotta love it, It's Mexico! I hope they are getting better and using the internet more.
Cold Duck is offline   Reply With Quote