Key West mooring field

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2savage

Vessel Name
Savage
Vessel Make
Seaton 50 expedition trawler
I see that over the past year or so aboutr 150 moorings have been installed off Key West Bight and can be rented by the month. Price is enticing. Has anyone used them?

At $400 a month it looks like a great deal. Not a lot of detail on the website other than they are inspected and serviced twice a year and serviced by the city pumpout boat. Can't tell if there are other onshore services like showers or fresh water, but otherwise still seems like a great idea if you want to spend time there. Wonder what the availability is like?

Interesting ... always looking for additional places down there. Can you share the web site url, please.

Are these separate/different than the city run Garrison Bight Field? Where is this new field located?

Interesting ... always looking for additional places down there. Can you share the web site url, please.

Are these separate/different than the city run Garrison Bight Field? Where is this new field located?

One in the same, just expanded with more moorings

I see that over the past year or so aboutr 150 moorings have been installed off Key West Bight and can be rented by the month. Price is enticing. Has anyone used them?
I live on the hook in Key West and I'm not aware of any new mornings that have been installed in the last year. There are plans to install Additional moorings but I think it still Some time away

I live on the hook in Key West and I'm not aware of any new mornings that have been installed in the last year. There are plans to install Additional moorings but I think it still Some time away

Not according to this:

Located north of City Marina, in the area between Fleming Key and Sigsbee Park, is Garrison Bight Mooring Field. The mooring field began with 81 moorings which were increased this year to 149 Moorings thanks to grant from Monroe County's Department of Marine Resources.

These moorings host a mix of full-time live aboard as well as transient boaters. Each mooring system is inspected, top to bottom, every 180 days. Buoy systems with any sign of wear or damage are replaced. Interim inspections and damage is taken care of by the Mooring Field Dock Master.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Mooring-Field-22

Date of web page referenced?

One in the same, just expanded with more moorings

Well, that would be great, doesn't look like there were boats out there when I was down last week, but maybe I just had a bad angle.

Not according to this:

Located north of City Marina, in the area between Fleming Key and Sigsbee Park, is Garrison Bight Mooring Field. The mooring field began with 81 moorings which were increased this year to 149 Moorings thanks to grant from Monroe County's Department of Marine Resources.

These moorings host a mix of full-time live aboard as well as transient boaters. Each mooring system is inspected, top to bottom, every 180 days. Buoy systems with any sign of wear or damage are replaced. Interim inspections and damage is taken care of by the Mooring Field Dock Master.

https://www.cityofkeywest-fl.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Mooring-Field-22

The only thing I wonder about that web page, is when was it last updated? Like too many pages on the web there is no 'last updated' or 'good as of' date. I wonder if it's dated, and the '... increased this year ...' maybe from a year, several years in the past?

Not aware of any new moorings at Key West. The rates at Garrison Bight are fair.

After expressing my own observations I checked with the dockmaster results....., no new moorings have been installed at the Is Garrison bight mooring field in the last year here. That report you posted is erroneous

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom