inexpensive nema to wifi router

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rpackard

Vessel Name
formerly owned Puffin/Lilliana
Vessel Make
Willard 30/40
I have a Standard Horizon VHF that includes an AIS with nema output. I would like to send this nema signal via wifi to my tablet which is running navionix, There are devices that cost several hundred dollars. Can someone lead me to a cheaper device.

Thanks
Richard

We use a YachtDevices YDNR-02 and it is small, but robust. It also costs over three hundred dollars.

With a bit of Googling, I found this.

YakBitz

It would be interesting to know if it works okay, or if it's a case of you get what you pay for.

If you have a wifi enabled chart plotter with n2k, create a network and join the tablet to it. Then configure the navionics/nobltec/aquamaps to the correct port and data in the n2k network will be available.

James

There is a lot of chatter on the internet about the YakBitz (love the name).

If you buy one, let us know how it works out for you.

Bruce

If I read correctly YakBitz is NMEA 0183 but I'm guessing you might want NMEA 2000.

I can +1 the YachtDevices gateway -- have used one with 0 problems and connecting to supply GPS and other info from NMEA 2000 over WiFi to both tablet and phone -- for about 3 years now.

I have a YakBitz, it was easy to set up and works great. Goes from my Standard Horizon AIS receiving VHF to my iPad running Navionics, exactly as you describe.

I'm going to try to set it up later this year on a Starlink wifi network and see if that works, but haven't tried it yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom