View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 09:00 PM   #6
mvweebles
Guru

City: Saint Petersburg
Vessel Name: Weebles
Vessel Model: 1970 Willard 36 Trawler
David (OP) - welcome out of the lurking shadows. Nice boat -

Yours is similar to several requests - some sort of 'owners manual' or original documentation on an older boat. Unfortunately, for boats older than about 30-years old, builders rarely assembled more than a 'welcome/greeting' package with some basic reference material and manuals from whatever kit was installed for delivery. In the last 25-years, boats have been built using CAD design drawings so documentation is much better, but unfortunately your boat (and it's sisterships) likely precedes this.

Usually the biggest head-scratcher is electrical - understanding what goes where, what voltage, etc. Two suggestions: there were quite a few Cheoy Lee's of this size and vintage built. As you are trying, you may find an owners group. Second suggestion is that if a boat this size is new to you, you may want to hire an older, seasoned captain to accompany you on your first 3-5 day trip. As a past delivery skipper myself, you become accustomed to figuring stuff out. He/she may be able to shorten the learning curve for you.

I guess a third suggestion is to ping the Trawler Forun Bigger Brain when you get stumped. You will have to weed through 3 inconsequential anwers to find the one nugget, but I see a lot of oddball questions answered here.

Good luck - great boat.

Peter
mvweebles is online now   Reply With Quote