The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dchew

Hi, just purchased a Prairie 29 with a Perkins 4-108. Side windows need to be replaced…any suggestions?
I’m also looking for a replacement prop, 18” diameter, 12” pitch, 1 1/8 shaft.
Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Hi Dave Welcome Aboard now the fun begins !!!

I have just replaced the side and front glass on mine and was luck enough to find a glass shop in Port Washington NY that had the correct Laminated Glass. It cost $200 per panel (2 doors and 3 front). They cut it and had back within 48 hours . Funny enough there cuts were much cleaner that the original factory cuts .I assume you are replacing because of delimitation due to leaks so you have to address that first. I decided to epoxy the glass into the teak frame rather than use caulk for a more permanent fix and protect the inner teak paneling.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice, somebody had replaced my windows with plexiglass, and they look terrible. I’ll look around locally and see if I can find somebody that will custom make my windows. Thanks again.

Welcome aboard. It helps if you put more of a location in your avatar so people have a better idea of who to suggest.

Did you know that the Prairie 29 and Campion 30 are sisters? Stick around...

Thank you, everybody has been so kind. So looking for a propeller for my boat 18 inch diameter 12 pitch 1 1/8 shaft.

I would be contacting prop shops and marine salvage yards. I would think thete are many orops avail after hurricane Ian.

There have been threads here about salvage shops... a few searches on TF might turn up some worth checking.

When buying a new used boat I always tell the new owner to expect to pay about $500 a month to own the boat. (At least in the 36 foot range) But expect to spend twice that amount monthly for the first year. I guess you are learning that now.

pete

Thank you, everybody has been so kind. So looking for a propeller for my boat 18 inch diameter 12 pitch 1 1/8 shaft.

There should be a lot of used props available in Florida right now. The problem would be how to find them in all the wrecked boats.

Hi, just purchased a Prairie 29 with a Perkins 4-108. Side windows need to be replaced…any suggestions?
I’m also looking for a replacement prop, 18” diameter, 12” pitch, 1 1/8 shaft.
Thanks,
Dave
I found a place in NC online that looks interesting. They build whole frames, all fiberglass, to spec. It is "Lookout Marine". I have not tried contacting them as I am not at that point yet. https://www.boatwindowframes.com/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom