• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

1986 Kia Sheng 43' Sundeck Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tonster

Twanise built Sundeck Trawler 43'-48' overall kept in freshwater on Lake Union for past 20yrs ,now in Canada ,Vancouver Island. Twin 3208 Cats with naturally aspirated with 3200 hrs. 6kw Onion gen set with 2500 hrs. Full canvus ,no teak decks . 11'-6" inflatible with 25 HP Mercury outboard mounted on top of full rear hardtop with wing doors. Entire boat heated by hydronic Wabasco heater. Asking $80,000 us for the boat. Imported last year so easy reentery to USA.

Work completed in last year

New 6-6 volts house batteries
New 6d gen set battery
New Norcold A\C-D\C refrigerator
New Charging system
New 3500 watt inverter
Complete servicing to gen set
New starters on both engines
New engine compartment venting
Desiel heating system serviced
House batteries rewired to new standards
Decks are composite decking , never worry about moisture penetration. No teak!
All hardware is. Top grade materials
This boat was built by a top manufacture still in business using nothing but premium hardware and equipment and represents excellent value
Boat does require some minor interior refinishing of wood paneling too make perfect but would make a perfect live aboard or extended cruising due to the full heating system ,insulated roof structure and 15'-6" beam.
Has dripless shafts upgrade . Winch system for top deck mount for dinghy
Has ice maker that works perfectly with rear deck sink. Hardtop rear area with solid wing doors and full canvas with heat

Is that the same as the Kha Shing trawlers, just spelled differently by us gringos?

43 kha sheng

could we see some pictures ?

Hi- I'm travelling in Spain right now but will be back in a week. It's currently listed with VI powerboat.ca and there are pics there to see . If you need more then I can get those for you when back. If you can't find the website then let me know . Thanks Tony

Hi- you can see the pics at VI powerboat.ca as I'm out of country right now but will be back in a week if there's others you want and I will take them for you

Should also mention that it is currently insured as that is becoming more difficult to qualify for older boats but necessary for moorage in Canadian marinas and likely US waters.

OP, I'm having difficulty viewing the photos on the listing site, they rescale weird on my browser. To clarify, is this a galley-down-bow or the galley-down-stern design?

That's the correct boat ,sorry about the confusion on details

[

Yes that's the right boat, sorry about the confusion

QUOTE=Action;1148920]This may be the listing

https://vipowerboat.ca/product/1987-43ft-king-yacht-kha-shing/
If correct the website address is vipowerboat.ca. NOT vi(space)powerboat.ca

Besides the vessel manufacture name confusion
The listing states this is a 1987 model.
OP states it is a 1986

Just hoping I got the same one[/QUOTE]

@tonster, that's great. My wife and I love the galley-down-bow design which we also had in a previous boat. The reason we walked away from one in Canaveral a few years ago is that it was stern, which we didn't like at all.

Also great that you don't have the teak decks, which are another headache most everyone is aware of.

If it were a single, instead of a twin, I'd followup with you further, but I'm stubborn that way. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
My experience with our Kha Shing from 84 is that they are well made boats with high grade materials and hardware. For PNW it would be a boat I would value. It isn't an ocean blue water type boat maybe but excellent for inside passages etc.

We really loved the 'galley down' till we got an up galley :) It feels like most homes where a lot of time is spent in the kitchen - at the kitchen table etc.

Wow, awesome boat, great layout. We are a similar vintage and design. You will love it, of course it needs care and feeding. That is the easy stuff. My recommendation is that you do all of the work yourself if you can. I know everything about my 41" President and I sleep so well at night knowing I have spares for everything and the tools to keep on the on the water.
I have dock neighbors where they loose a few weeks in the summer to change impellers or batteries.

43 Kha Shing

My experience with our Kha Shing from 84 is that they are well made boats with high grade materials and hardware. For PNW it would be a boat I would value. It isn't an ocean blue water type boat maybe but excellent for inside passages etc.

We really loved the 'galley down' till we got an up galley :) It feels like most homes where a lot of time is spent in the kitchen - at the kitchen table etc.

Thanks for the endorsement! They are a very well built boat in all regardes and apricate the comments

This is an incredible liveaboard or long term cruising boat with assumable moorage in a new marina on Salt Spring Island in the BC Gulf Islands. The US dollar is at about a 30% advantage under the Canadian Dollar. I really would like to move the boat as I'm dealing with cancer treatment and a divorce and the 30hrs of use in the past 18 months while I dealt with the issues from prior lack of use just doesn't justify hanging on to but does create an excellent opportunity for a future owner.

You might want to get some pics up on the ad. The links from earlier in the thread appear to no longer be good.

Still no link. And vipowerboat isn't a listing website....

have difficulty posting images but the broker I had used is still carrying the listing -link is here
sales@vipowerboat.ca

That is a general email address (not an email address to a specific person) to a website that is no longer functioning.

Doesn't exactly inspire trust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom