Too many forums in Forum by Make?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougd1

Moderator Emeritus
Forklift would like to see Forum by Make reduced to just Trawlers and Others.

What do you think?

Based on the current market, forums by make is ok with me.

Reason, we*have so many boats today that are*marketed as trawlers. Huge yachts, going as trawlers, and fast boats, going as trawlers.

A trawler is a trawler, some have galley up, some have galley down.**
Now there is a forum....
idea.gif

I would vote for a forum based on vintage.

'May PPM rest in piece'

El Sea,
1976' Thompson 44
Suite 44
St Petersburg, Fl

As I have said before!!!!!....................... we should have full displacement boats..........semei planing boats.....planing boats......passagemakers.......etc. We could even go so far as to include sedans/sundecks/classics/pilothouse/etc.

John,
I agree with your last post and would like to see a forum on hull design and topside design also. What is the downside to all the forum by make that we make so little use of?.

Eric Henning
Willard 30
Thorne Bay AK

-- Edited by nomadwilly at 22:24, 2008-10-13

For another idea..... Since so many manufacturers have called their boats "trawlers" to cash in on the image this term conjures up, perhaps a forum titled "Questions by Make" or some such thing would work. Someone who has a question or comment that specifically applies to their GB or Willard or Mainship or whatever could post it to this forum with the make in the subject. Like "GB wiring question" or "Windshield wipers on a Willard," or "What to look for in a used Mainship."

This whole site is theoretically for trawler owners--- hence the name.* So I'm not sure how many "others" there might be with the categories "Trawlers" and "Others."

-- Edited by Marin at 00:30, 2008-10-14

Unless it's a space/cost issue I like the division by make. There is little use since most of us also belong to make specific sites. GB and CHB both have excellent sites of their own which keep those questions off here. If the space/cost is an issue then I'd be happy deleting that section entirely since most every question could be posed in the other excellent division of topics.

2 cents,
Ken

Too many forums, but I can't figure out how to vote!

Just call 1-800-ACORN and they will tell you how to vote. OR I just clicked on the circle that I wanted and it filled in the circle and hit the enter or vote box. Then it showed me the percentage of votes for each of the three options.

Ken

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom