View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Pineapple Girl
Moderator Emeritus

City: San Jose, CA
Vessel Name: Pineapple Girl 3
Vessel Model: Silverton 38c
Hmm am I being paranoid to worry about putting it in the area behind the steering area? The area I am thinking of is what we call "the brow". My concern is that there are holes (wire chases) in the floor of that area that open into the saloon. Is there a chance of propane leaking into the saloon? Sorry if I am being ignorant. We have one locker in the flybridge that is completly sealed off but there is no drain. It seems about the right size for two propane bottles. Not sure if that was what it was meant for. But it seems a bit of a long run for a propane line to the galley so maybe it just "is what it is" no purpose intended for it.

When we bought the boat there was actually a full size propane bottle on the sundeck, rigged up to the BBQ, and the surveryor told us that we had to remove that, it had to be in a locker. Not sure if that is for ABYC standards or insurance or what?

I am VERY interested in switching to a propane stove as it is a royal pain to have to fire up the generator to cook when we are anchored out, so I really appreciate the dialog on this.

My boat is an overseas PT 35 ('84) so I'd expect some design similarities...
San Francisco Bay Area
Pineapple Girl is offline   Reply With Quote