Victron Lynx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Senojev

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sir Tugley Blue
Vessel Make
2010 Nordic Tug - 2010
I will be going to rewire my expanded solar panel set up. The set up includes one single panel, a pair of panels in parallel due to some major shadowing at certain times of the day, and two pairs of panels in series. Panels are not all the same size. I will be using dual contact high voltage dc disconnects feeding four Victron Smart MPPTs. The output of each MPPT will be combined and fed to the house bank with a fuse of the appropriate size at the battery.

I have a couple of options to combine the MPPT outputs. I could use a couple of bus bars, a Lynx Power In or a Lynx Distributor. I do not see any advantage to the Distributor but see additional cost for the unit and the cost of fuses. I don’t believe I need to fuse between the MPPT and the combiner device. Am I correct here? Are there any advantages to the Lynx Distributor I am missing?

Thanks for any input.

I’m doing something similar but not as expansive. I have two Victron mppt controllers, each one will have its own output circuit protection. these will route to a power post (essentially a buss bar) and combine there and have a nice big set of leads to the battery bank.
The purpose of the output protection is twofold. First, protect the wire from the mppt to the power post, second to provide isolation when needed. I’m putting the circuit protection as close to the mppt as is practical.
The leads that feed the batteries will also have a large fuse right at the batteries, this is sized for the large cable leads.

Back
Top Bottom