Boat identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simi 60

Guru
Vessel Make
Milkraft 60 converted timber prawn trawler
Good morning

Does anyone know what type of vessel this is?

Trying to find out draft, currently seeing it in an area I would like to try but deemed to shallow for us

showphoto.aspx

Domyou have a dinghy? If so maybe take it into the area first and see what the depth actually is.

Shoreline looks a bit like South White Cliffs? Plenty of water there. You can go a fair way towards Sheridan Flats, just shallows gently.

Shoreline looks a bit like South White Cliffs? Plenty of water there. You can go a fair way towards Sheridan Flats, just shallows gently.

I know that but they left from beside us this morning at Coongal pt on K'gari and are now out front of Torquay @ Hervey bay.
Charts show it's pretty shallow in close there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-12-04-13-45-34-399.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-12-04-13-45-34-399.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I know that but they left from beside us this morning at Coongal pt on K'gari and are now out front of Torquay @ Hervey bay.
Charts show it's pretty shallow in close there.

I've only ever seen cats in close there. I'd expect the charts to be pretty accurate, with not a lot of sand movement in that area. Quite a contrast to some Urangan approaches which are quite changeable. I've bumped sand a few times around there and draw 4.5'.

Just because the boat in the picture does not appear to be sitting on the bottom that certainly doesn't mean you can go there. It may be at anchor because they tore out their running gear or they may be waiting for high tide.

Get some local knowledge.

pete

Domyou have a dinghy? If so maybe take it into the area first and see what the depth actually is.

I do this all the time, particularly in areas that are not well charted, including virtually all of the baja coast.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom