View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 08:35 PM   #16
kernr

City: Saunderstown
Vessel Name: Serenity
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 47 Europa
Sonar Interference

Good Evening -

I hope everyone got there fill of turkey yesterday - I know I did.

So, an update because I have been tallking to Garmin Support online and I got to boat today (54F in RI) before it started raining. Basically the support folks asked how the transducer cables are connected to the Garmin display. I went to boat and removed the primary display from its seat and looked behind it. There were the transducer cables going into a wire block adapter to take the 8 pin transducer cables into the 12 pin connection on the display. There is a bright yellow label on the box saying, "DO NOT USE THIS ADAPTER WITH 8 PIN DIFFERENTIAL TRANSDUCERS." Since the AIRMAR B744V is an 8 pin transducer I am waiting to hear back from Garmin support as to what they recommend prior to opening up the box to check for loose connections.

Looking at all the other wires and their closeness I am not surprised at the interference problem. The photos show the wire nests onboard behind display and coming up from engine room. The final shot is the bundle in the engine room going up to the electrical panels above. I physical traced the transducer cable into that bundle. More to come I am sure.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Garmin connect with Sonar 1.jpg   NMEA 2000 connect 1.jpg   Wire Run ER 3.jpg  
kernr is offline   Reply With Quote