New Members Looking at OA 42 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vancouvertechie

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
He'e Nalu
Vessel Make
44' Tollycraft CPMY
My wife and I poked around our first OA 42 Sedan and we like the layout and think it will suit us fine.

Currently we have a Seasport and we will be putting it up for sale and looking forward for any advice you may all have. In the mean time I do have a 21' Zodiac Hurricane to ease my wanting to be on the water.

We looked at an 86' that appears to have the original black iron tanks. In my mind these will need to be replaced along with having both engines looked at.

My wife like the boat, but I have some reservations.

Thank you,

John

Welcome aboard. The tanks may last a long time or they may start leaking tomorrow. Look them over closely. If there aren’t any signs of rust then they may be fine.

Well,

Who knew with the pandemic and with the limited number of boats available it would be hard to find the right OA. So we settled on a 44' Tollycraft that we made and offer on and it was accepted.

So, if the survey goes through okay we plan to do some renovation in the next couple of months and store it in Anacortes or possibly in Olympia. But we would like to store in on the hard.

The plan is take things slow and cruise around under 10 knots most of the time.

Thanks,

John

I thought I would update everyone as my wife and I found our next boat. We didn't end up with an Ocean Alexander instead we are closing on a Tollycraft 44 CPMY.

We like the two stateroom layout and we have a ton of maintenance to be done as she was just sitting for a couple of years.

Thank you,

John

Sounds like fun! Congratulations on the new boat. I was torn between a Tolly 44 and OA 44 when I bought mine a few years ago. Both have great pedigrees!

my OA42. 1981 Hull No1 has original iron tanks - and no leakage. Tanks are kept full as poss to avoid condensation.

OA 42, built as C&L 39

my OA42. 1981 Hull No1 has original iron tanks - and no leakage. Tanks are kept full as poss to avoid condensation.
While I refer to PSAMMEAD as an OA, she was built a C&L 39, Hull No.1, have yard schematics showing such and the name.
However local brokerage showed exact same model,listed as OA 42. I heard C&L purchased by OA in mid 81.
Anyone confirm this
icon5.gif

Tollys are great boats. Not so sure about "needs a ton of maintenance" but I guess my boat does also.

pete

new member looking for OA sedan

Had a 42 OA sedan for 22 years. Great boat. Took me to Venezuela and back. But the steel fuel tanks started leaking when the boat was about 35 years old. Cost me $40,000 to replace.

I thought I would update everyone as my wife and I found our next boat. We didn't end up with an Ocean Alexander instead we are closing on a Tollycraft 44 CPMY.

We like the two stateroom layout and we have a ton of maintenance to be done as she was just sitting for a couple of years.

Thank you,

John

Congrats on the new boat! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom