Hello - New Member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N4061

Guru
Hello, we are pleased to finally join this forum and share our experiences as well as learn from others. We have been boating for a long time and recently owned and lived aboard two Nordhavn trawlers. We are currently researching our next boat for local southern California cruising while we wait for retirement and possibly another Nordhavn. Having enjoyed the full displacement style boat we are looking for something a little faster (10 12 knots) this time around but with one reliable diesel engine. We have looked at building a custom Downeast but I don't think that is the boat for us though I like to lines of the boats. It is hard to leave a trawler style boat for everything they offer.

If we can assist anyone by sharing our experiences please feel free to contact us either on this forum or directly off line at N4061@yahoo.com.

John & Maria

Welcome John and Maria. With you having owned a couple of Nordhavn's ( if it were me ) I would stick with what I had because if I were to move from the present boat 'Ocean Alexander', I think I would spend most of my time comparing one with the other. I would suggest to stay with the Nordhavn line and look for the features you liked on the other two and obtain the ones you wished you had on this new one.

Elwin

Welcome
I love the Nordhavn's as well, I ran a 40 for the owner ,took out guests on day cruises
I understand you concerns on speed
They sure are low on maintenance though ,and cheap to run

Give Selene's a look ,they usually have a bit more brightwork to deal with,but have higher hp engines to give a bit more speed
The 57 that I ran would do 10kn @ 50% engine power (Qsm11), so would be capable of 13

What size range are you considering?

We are looking for something a little smaller for the next few years. Soemthing between 34 - 38 feet. We are not looking to spend more than a weekend aboard and one bedroom is fine. Do not need a pilothouse this time around. When I retire we would like to build a N47 or possibly buy a clean newer model. I'll admit I enjoy the building process as much as owning the boat thus the desire find the right boat now for another new build without taking a bath when we sell. Not easy to do in todays market so we are not sure which direction we will end up taking. Looking a used N35 and the new Helsman 37 sedan. I know a couple of Nordhavn owners who have purchased both boats after they were done with the bigger boats and both are very happy.

We are looking for something a little smaller for the next few years. Soemthing between 34 - 38 feet. We are not looking to spend more than a weekend aboard and one bedroom is fine. Do not need a pilothouse this time around. When I retire we would like to build a N47 or possibly buy a clean newer model. I'll admit I enjoy the building process as much as owning the boat thus the desire find the right boat now for another new build without taking a bath when we sell. Not easy to do in todays market so we are not sure which direction we will end up taking. Looking a used N35 and the new Helsman 37 sedan. I know a couple of Nordhavn owners who have purchased both boats after they were done with the bigger boats and both are very happy.

Cool, Good luck with your search..

Elwin

Take a look at a used 35' Albin Tournament Express Hardtop Cruiser
Some are available with a single diesel
I have run the 34' version and like the quality

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom