Discover MS Passi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pascall

Vessel Name
Passi
Vessel Make
Hand made Barkas
I will introduce myself.

I am MS PASSI.

The first steps were taken in 1993, we bought the drawings and the permit one build a ship.
We had the shapes lasered out of the steel, then we had a kit.
The first year we welded the kit together, and we painted it with many layers of paint.
We bought a Teak tree, shaking the monkeys out, and sawed it into pieces.
All the interior including the teak decks come from the same tree.
We built everything ourselves, searchlight, bollards, handles of the doors, ventilation grilles, filters, steps, and much more.
All the stainless steel comes from the demolition waste, 1500 kilos in total.
Painting, plastering, lacquering there are many layers on the different objects!
Installing the motor, all the installation work, electrical, fitting, double glazing, it's all hand made.
Also engraving the glass plate in the table is ........
After three very intensive years the boat was launched on 31-5-1996, we were still very young and could handle the whole world, joking.
Now 26 years later she is still in new condition, her heart has now been replaced, and modernized over the years.
The counter has passed 12,000 hours and we hope to double this!

Finally, her name comes from PAScal and SIgrid, called owners.

Her name is PASSI and it's a passion.

A picture says more than 1000 words;

x2M6xHL.jpg

apiwTt9.jpg

wmM3dUt.jpg

nM35d79.jpg

ppqCOBD.jpg

hdvEyik.jpg

snRaDuW.jpg

VoB6g2O.jpg

4DflLLU.jpg

lxljO4u.jpg

2mbGVZB.jpg

IroQckU.jpg

Pascal.

Hi,

very professionally built, installed and maintained boat. You are very multi-talented, a very cool combination?

NBs

She is beautiful. A labor of love.

Wow! So fine! Awesome!!

One word for you: WOW!

I can't believe you were able to build it in just a few years. It has taken me three years just to get my teak painted.

pete

Thank you folks for the compliments!

If you ask what was the most work, painting the boat inside and out, it was really a lot of work, certainly that you set high standards.
Carpentry the boat was the easiest.
I learned how to process steel during construction, you learn quickly, especially that you make mistakes!

bx13daq.jpg

Greet

Pascal.

It looks terrible. Just to be nice to you, I have an old bicycle I'll trade you even steven for that boat. You can ride the bicycle every day, you don't have to go to a fuel dock, and never a slip fee. I guess we could just cruise around on your boat with the grandkids. What do you think?

It looks terrible. Just to be nice to you, I have an old bicycle I'll trade you even steven for that boat. You can ride the bicycle every day, you don't have to go to a fuel dock, and never a slip fee. I guess we could just cruise around on your boat with the grandkids. What do you think?

Sounds fantastic, what do you think yourself?:LOL:

Greeting

Pascal.

Thank you for posting. Stunning… you could teach today’s boatbuilders a thing or two. Where have you traveled with this boat?

I am speechless, all I can say is ....WOW... You are an inspiration.

Werkelijk prachtig

Hoi Pascal, alweer een voormalige Nederlander. Ik zal de foto's maar niet aan mijn vrouw laten zien want onze boot ziet er armoedig uit vergelijken met die van jullie. Wat een schitterend vaartuig. Ik woon al bijna 60 jaar in Californie dus weer is geen probleem hier. Nogmaals gefeliciteerd en inderdaad, je kunt veel leren van dit website.
Groeten, Dirk van Ulden

Speechless would be an understatement

Keeping my 41 year old Taiwanese trawler alive and ticking is my own labour of lunacy. Building a modern museum showpiece is pretty spectacular. Beautiful boat. What they say about European craftsman must be true.

WOW Indeed! Your attention to detail and finish is stunning. Thanks for the photos, and for the inspiration, mate!

Thank you for posting. Stunning… you could teach today’s boatbuilders a thing or two. Where have you traveled with this boat?

Hello
Thank you for the compliment!
We visited the following countries, Belgium, Luxeborg, France, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway, and of course the Netherlands.
Our preference is for Scandinavia, but also the trip through Belgium, luxenborg France and Germany is special.
Sailing on canals and rivers, The Moselle and the Rein is beautiful, more than 200 locks and 3 tunnels.
The Göta Canal is Sweden is also beautiful to sail!
Greeting;

AbnxCSP.jpg

pgxU9aV.jpg

Pascal.

Hoi Pascal, alweer een voormalige Nederlander. Ik zal de foto's maar niet aan mijn vrouw laten zien want onze boot ziet er armoedig uit vergelijken met die van jullie. Wat een schitterend vaartuig. Ik woon al bijna 60 jaar in Californie dus weer is geen probleem hier. Nogmaals gefeliciteerd en inderdaad, je kunt veel leren van dit website.
Groeten, Dirk van Ulden

Leuk zeg om geëmigreerde landgenoten te ontmoeten hier op dit Forum!
60 jaar, dat is een hele tijd, en dan schrijf je net zo makkelijk in het Nederlands.
Californie lijkt mij schitterend om te wonen, alleen het klimaat al, heerlijk!
Inderdaad een interessant forum, nooit te oud om te leren

Groetjes,

Pascal.

course thank you everyone for the compliments!
Greeting

Pascal.

As all have said, EXCELLENT!!
I really like the fwd deck layout with that bit of a cockpit

Looks fantastic, both the boat and how you are using it. You would never know the boat is 25 years old from the pictures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom