Hello from France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

infoman21

Hello, I’m Bertrand from France. We like boating in Mediterranean Sea.
We own a small day boat with 1 cabin.
Our dream is to sail with a trawler around 40/45 f.
We at looking for Beneteau Swift trawler of Nordhavn.
Happy to join this group and happy to meet some members if you come around south of France.

Welcome aboard, Bertrand & family!

Welcome, look forward to hearing what you eventually purchase. The Nordhavn and Swift Trawler are quite different from each other. The Nordhavn has ocean capability, the Beneteau isn't really intended for that. You might consider where you plan to cruise. In my time in Europe (lived there in the 90's) I saw a number of Grand Banks trawlers along the Cote de Azur. It was gratifying to see a 36' GB with an old couple on it tied right between super yachts in the St. Tropez harbor! I think the GB couple enjoyed their boat more. Anyway, you might start looking at different boats and develop a feeling for what fits your needs and budget.

Welcome! How big is your current boat, or more importantly, the berth? Do you have a berth that can accommodate your target boat?

Welcome! How big is your current boat, or more importantly, the berth? Do you have a berth that can accommodate your target boat?

Hello, my current boat is a 23’ (so small) and yes I have a berth.

Hello, my current boat is a 23’ (so small) and yes I have a berth.
You have the first step nailed down then :) !
I also moved from a 22' to a 42', no regretting it at all!

Welcome aboard! You have a wealth of real world information here. Do not be afraid to ask questions. We have all been there and enjoy helping folks not repeat our dumass mistakes.

in the med you can find traders start from 42 till they are gpr constructed and very confy.
Best regards, Patrick

in the med you can find traders start from 42 till they are gpr constructed and very confy.
Best regards, Patrick

Hello Patrick, thanks for the tip. What about fuel consumption.
Do you have a stabilizer?
Best regards

there are no stabilizer but they have a longkeel its from the nose till 2m from the back and make it run very stable, the feul consumtion is depending on the motorisatian, they are mostly with 2 carterpilar engine ranging from 2x 200hp till 2x 435hp, and a lot depend if you are half or full trothel, our boat (enlarged 54) has the lager 2x 435hp and till 9 Kts it uses not to mutch fuel when we go to 3/4 max its tripel the feul comsumtion.
take a look to
for a good view of the boats every boat is build to spec of the first owner, but you get a idee of the quality
We can talk by whats app if you like more info (my englisch writing is not perfect) im not a sales men, just a owner of a trader 54

the 42 feet are just smaler but the same style.
Best regards, Patrick

Last edited:
It was gratifying to see a 36' GB with an old couple on it tied right between super yachts in the St. Tropez harbor! I think the GB couple enjoyed their boat more.

Funny that you say that. Back when I was mooring my 65ft in Newport Harbor, it seemed like the people with 35-40 footers were having more fun, able to easily cruise their boats around the tight areas and mooring fields. However 25+ nm out at sea, the big heavy boat was wonderful.

Happy to join this group and happy to meet some members if you come around south of France.

Welcome to the forum :dance:

Wow Nordhavn or a Swift trawler it's like you tell I'm looking for a Mercedes or a Ford :facepalm::D

Sure not same quality use and budget :)

Back
Top Bottom