So who else out here in the San Juans?..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Deleted

Last edited:
Too crowded. Go north. Don't stop until you cross Queen Charlotte sound. Now you are in cruiser heaven.

The OP is back in Echo Bay with uncountable other boats, but everyone seems to be getting along. Kids are swimming here.

Prior: was at Olga two days, had a great time, met several locals, great folk.

Today: smoke ceiling at around 400 feet, can't see Mt Constitution at all. Solar panels at 1/4 of yesterday's output. Spinning the genny to lift the house bank a bit.
Still, beats climate at dirt home, and good day to catch up on boat maintenance.

Very light ashfall on deck this AM. Nothing like trip north in '017.

Just purchased a boat with the expressed purpose of doing what you are! Cant wait to get started!

We’re currently anchored in Pt Ludlow on our way back down to Seattle for some mail, some maintenance and various odds and ends.

34 days in the SJI’s, mostly on the hook and we can’t wait to get back up. This was our first “real” outing since we bought the boat (COVID cancelled last year’s plans).

Hoping to get the dog’s shots up to date, our PCR tests and then head up to Canada. We also put our names on the winter moorage list in Friday Harbor as we’d love to explore some winter anchoring/cruising in the SJIs and Gulf Islands.

Can't wait to get back on my boat. Helped get my gal's sailboat back to Saint Helens. Lumpy ride down to the bar a couple weeks ago
Boat: happy people, no covid, no to minimal smoke.

The OP is back on the water! Haven't made it to the San Juans yet, working on that.

Mini adventure this week lead to a circumnavigation of Whidbey Island.

Rough ride on anchor last night at Langley, 2 or 3 drags by others, one onto the beach (he got off.)

Then a derelict boat broke ball moorage and hit my boat! Got to watch it blow onto the rocks, good riddance.

Sorry for the sideways boat, haven't figured that out yet.

Here in La La Conner for the 4th, rain or shine!

Attachments

• Derelict.jpg
    Derelict.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 35
Going to try the fireworks at fisherman's bay Lopez.

The anchorage is already filling up.

On Washington State park buoys the current rate is $15 per night with a 45 foot limit. The docks are $0.70 foot with no posted size limit. Not sure about the lineal mooring lines. I'd guess the same as the buoys.

Linear mooring is not limited by length according to WA State Park website:
https://www.parks.wa.gov/648/Moorage

"Note: Boats larger than 45 feet are not permitted to moor on buoys, only docks and linear moorage."

My boating season finished better than this..

Even though my tf world is sideways!

Attachments

• SwinomishJetty.jpg
    SwinomishJetty.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 63
  • HopeIsland.jpg
    HopeIsland.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
That is a sad sight. Is that still on the rocks at south side of the south entrance to Swinomish?

Kani,
Yes it is. Took that pic today returning to home port. I believe it is the 2nd boat to wind up on the jetty this season cutting the corner.

Anchored in Westcott bay, been BSing with long time friends on San Juan, then today hosting sailors fron Australia. Overcast, may hang out here for a while or skip over to Prevost harbor.

Good times, come by and visit if you can.

Been out and around the San Juan's most of August, great cruise!
Back in harbor at La Conner. Catch up on some boat maintenance next week. Next trip is to Port Townsend for wood boat fest in early September.

Back
Top Bottom