Hurricane IAN Imagery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very interesting. I lived in Punta Gorda up until a few years ago. I scanned over to my old condo in PGI and couldn't see anything different other than some debris scattered in the lawn.

Then I scanned down to Sanibel and yes the causeway is severed in a few places. Then I scanned over to Matlacha and noticed the approach to the bridge over to Pine Island looks like it is wiped out.

Thanks for posting.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the link!
Could see the landscaping damage at my house. Also saw that my dock at the marina looks to be in good shape.

Ted

Yes, it feels better to see our boat is still upright. A lot of boats in our facility fell over. We can also see that the storm surge did not reach us. The mobile home park a mile closer to the gulf next to Gasparila Marina was devastated.

The overhead pics of Ft. Myers Municipal Marina look better than expected.

-Chris

Lots of new area added last night.

The overhead pics of Ft. Myers Municipal Marina look better than expected.

-Chris

Yes, better than expected, although I'm told there are some sunk in their slips and a pretty good pile up under the RT 41 bridge (partly visible from the satellite image).

Ted

Yes, better than expected, although I'm told there are some sunk in their slips and a pretty good pile up under the RT 41 bridge (partly visible from the satellite image).

Yeah...

Much better compared to Legacy Harbour, though... I thought from early pics that both were equally wiped out...

-Chris

Our friends live on Pine Island. They breed dogs. Their boat,a 44’ Defever was destroyed, their house is gone, all they have left is what they were wearing. They were airlifted out along with their 17 dogs and 3 puppies. What a horror. Contact has been minimal so I don’t know how they managed to save the dogs.

Some may not like this comment, but dare I say that no one should be allowed to build or live on any barrier island on any coast... They are called barrier islands for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom