Interesting motor-sailor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a French one they say compares well to the Nordhaven when 56. It has a range of 2500 miles, at 9 kts. 18 meters. The second part of the PDF is in English.

Attachments

• Hauturier_180_Articles_de_presse_2012_.pdf
    446.2 KB · Views: 247
Greetings,
Mr. JW. Nice looking boat but the fact she was built at a submarine base makes me go hmmmm....

iu

It could mean they're used to making boats that are actually watertight. And indeed, its advertised as a self righting boat.

LC 62, thanks for the extra fotos on this nice boat. If no wind at all, it can still motor around the world.

Interesting ,

But why the rigging so aft ?
why no centerboard or "side board" because under sail downwind it could be ok but by the side the drift will be amazing !!
And , but personal the roof was to complicated and lost internal volume for two stair

Interesting ,

why no centerboard or "side board" because under sail downwind it could be ok but by the side the drift will be amazing !!
And , but personal the roof was to complicated and lost internal volume for two stair

Not sure what their rationale was. Anyway, for me the only sails I would ever have are kite sails, or wing sails. Check out the French wing sail on the Zen 50. A boat that doesn't even require a genset.

Interesting ,

I think the sail plan is optimized for off-the-wind sailing. Keeping the
foredeck clear of stays is a small plus and you could still tack a big headsail to the stem.
Running or reaching downwind doesn't require as much keel as beating.

Last edited:
As a motorsailer, its sail rig is a major propulsion contributor. Why would it have 2 engines? Strange

I like the tick alloy when it is on normal structure , Meta is tick alloy on ... near nothing and always the form are basic no curve or even try to "mask" the angle.
For example take a look at the typical Meta "King Atalntic"

https://www.ayc-yachtbroker.com/trawler-meta-king-atlantique-13m75
it could be nicest.
Like Garcia

https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/boat-tests/garcia-trawler-54
unfortunately this trawler had a very "curious" end ...

Fair enough , but not sure how thick the Garcia boat hull is. The Metas are about 16mm if I remember right..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom