Old 09-21-2022, 07:39 AM   #19
ranger58sb
Guru

City: Annapolis
Vessel Name: Ranger
Vessel Model: 58' Sedan Bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylee View Post
Thank you all for the comments and ideas. As an update, After failing to unstuck the reversing valve, we found 2 self-contained brands that fit the space. One Wabasto and one dometic. Right now we are trying to figure out how to tie either one to the marineair control box. Both come with their own controller so we need to tie them to the only have one water pump on board, which is currently tied-in to the other 2 original working units.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylee View Post
Thank you rslifkin, Osprey69, Commodave and OldDan1943.. great & thoughtful info. We only have one SW pump supplying 3 x 16K older marineair self-contained units. Thats the original design. I am thinking of replacing one of the older nonfunctioning 16K units with a Dometic 10K Enviro unit, or a 16K Wabasto unit. Both will fit the space. If we go with the 10K unit, I was thinking it would go in the master cabin as its size is contained with doors closed.

If your original units were Marine Airrr Vector Compact models, the most direct replacement now is the Dometic DTG. (This after Marine Airrr introduced their Vector Turbo model, Dometic acquired Maine Airrr...)

There are versions that will connect to the original Marine Airrr wall panels, and I suspect this includes the Passport IO panels as well as the later Elite panels. My experience with this replacement on our previous boat was decent; the new DTGs are quieter, move more air, the drain pan is composite so no rust, same footprint as predecessors, etc. Sometimes you can get a ~20% "boat show discount", depending...

(Ditto same experience replacing a Cruisair StowAway model on this current boat.)

There's also a CTM unit, said to be another direct replacement, and which is said to use with several different control panels. Less expensive, decent features on paper...

-Chris