Cruising in Maine 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

River Song

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
"Miley"
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 36 Classic
1973 GB 32 (fg) #431
Located in Maine

I am considering taking my GB to mid coast Maine for summer use. . . Someplace around Belfast-Camden-Rockland area. Is moorage readily available or are there waiting lists, if you know. Thank you!

Mid Coast Maine Moorage

River Song,

Moorings in and around Rockland/Camden/Belfast are generally very much available. I suspect going forward being more so as folks are receding back a bit From the pandemic.

Transient moorings are always pretty much available in these areas and it doesn't hurt to make reservations a couple of weeks ahead just so when you get there a boat club annual cruise hasn't taken up all the moorings. We have never not been able to stay where we wanted.

A seasonal mooring in these areas are also quite available but I would try to secure one soon. There are many many coastal towns, coves, cities to choose from. The ones you mention are central and a great base for Penobscot Bay. The Boothbay Harbor area is a great base for Casco Bay, Musconguss Bay and within a few hours crusing to Pen Bay.

A favorite place for moorage is Linekin Bay in the Boothbay Harbor area. Linekin Bay Resort offers seasonal moorings, with tender service, use of their amenities and a great shoreside restaurant for what I thought for a reasonable price. It's about an hour driving less to this area than Rockland/ Camden/Belfast and maybe more in the summer.

There are many other places too. Contact me at mbdana54@gmail.com or 207-833-5080 and will give you some tips.

The Maine Coast and Grand Banks boats are classics and go together very well.

Best regards,
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36' Grand Banks Classic
Potts Harbor Maine (South Harpswell on Casco Bay)

Finally heading to Maine to find summer cottage/moorage

Well, it has taken a bit longer than anticipated but flying up for a week to seek summer cottage and moorage options for 1988 GB36 Classic.

Will retire at end of January now that kids finished with grad schools. I appreciate your response and all of the information you shared.

Thank you,

Wendy Hunn
:)

Maine

Hi Wendy,
Have you got a particular spot or region along the Maine Coast in mind? If so, maybe can help with some contacts of ours.
Might be easier to email me or text if you would like.
Mike Dana
Third Reef
36'Grand Banks Classic #819
Potts Harbor Maine
mbdana54@gmail.com
207-720-0531

Thank you. Will do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom