Hull Number

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvermeer

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Brigus
Vessel Make
Monk 36
I have a 1986 Monk 36, and have no idea what the hull number is (the number that represents which number the vessel build is). Where do I find it? Thanks.

HIN should be on the starboard transom. Look below the cap rail. Or it could be like mine, ('79 GB 36), starboard side transom just under the swim platform. Boat # should be the last 3 or 4 digits.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Trawler Forum mobile app

The last digits are the date of manufacture.

Attachments

• A70B090F-D576-4497-AB37-F61A78EF49F5.gif
    A70B090F-D576-4497-AB37-F61A78EF49F5.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 103
Mine are in the starboard side of the hull just below the swim platform. Very difficult to read while floating.
1984 Monk 36
It's also on the state registration, title, and documentation papers. :)

Mine are in the starboard side of the hull just below the swim platform. Very difficult to read while floating.
1984 Monk 36
It's also on the state registration, title, and documentation papers. :)
Would it be part of the serial number? Mine is OYS36087A686. If I had to guess, 36 is vessel length, 087 is hull number A686 is date of manufacture

Would it be part of the serial number? Mine is OYS36087A686. If I had to guess, 36 is vessel length, 087 is hull number A686 is date of manufacture

Yes. Yours is number 87 in sequence of the 36ft hulls, laid down in June of 1986.

In addition to having a plate with the HIN on the starboard transom, mine has a plate with the HIN in the electrical locker just above the terminal blocks.

In addition to having a plate with the HIN on the starboard transom, mine has a plate with the HIN in the electrical locker just above the terminal blocks.

Welcome aboard. There are typically 2 places for HINs. One on the starboard side of the transom and another hidden location by the builder. The second one is so that LE can find it by calling the builder and locating it. Helps with stolen boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom