Entering Canada with a dog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kawini

Vessel Name
High Slack
Vessel Make
Selene 43
In a couple of weeks, I’ll be entering Canada on a southbound trip from Alaska. For those who have recently made this border crossing with a dog, was any proof of vaccination required?

?

When we take our dog in by car they want to see it. When we have taken him in by boat they just asked if he was current. But I would have the paperwork aboard just in case.

Check Canada's website but as I recall, only a rabies certificate is required.

Same as above, crossings to BC, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec…never an issue with current rabies vaccination certificate aboard or in the camper/car.

We crossed into Canada late May, and back into Canada from Alaska about 10 days ago. They didn't seem to care at all that we had three cats aboard. They are all vaccinated, and we have records but they never even asked about vaccinations.

We just crossed last week with 2 dogs and a cat. We had the rabies proof on paper. we used the canada app. We still had to call in and were able to use our cell phone as apposed to waiting in line at one of the three phones at the dock. When they came on line,about 45 minutes,ask a few questions one of which were we bringing any animals and were they vaccinated .I said yes and that was it.I did ask what the app was for as they didnt seem to care much about it and they said that was a covid thing and they were customs.

We just crossed last week with 2 dogs and a cat. We had the rabies proof on paper. we used the canada app. We still had to call in and were able to use our cell phone as apposed to waiting in line at one of the three phones at the dock. When they came on line,about 45 minutes,ask a few questions one of which were we bringing any animals and were they vaccinated .I said yes and that was it.I did ask what the app was for as they didnt seem to care much about it and they said that was a covid thing and they were customs.

We crossed with a dog in early July and our experience mirrored this. Our agent seemed a bit frustrated by the question of "do I still need to call in after doing ArriveCAN?" She said "please tell everyone you know that you STILL NEED TO CALL IN!" :)

Have not been asked about our doodle in two boat trips to BC this year -- but have the paperwork just in case. I worry more about making sure the dog food is OK per food rules.

I wish to apologise for a post I added to this thread, now deleted by the moderators as misinformation.
In the post I suggested that dogs would also need covid vaccinations and would be obliged to file quarantine plans.
It was intended as humorous because, as I thought would be obvious, dogs can't type, even if they have internet access to ArriveCan.
It has been explained to me however that not all Forum members would understand that and might be mislead.
To anyone who rushed out to get their Belgian Racing Beagle (or any other breed for that matter) vaccinated for Covid, I apologise. Because there is no such vaccination. None. Not for cats either, so don't even try.
Hope I cleared that up.

I wish to apologise for a post I added to this thread, now deleted by the moderators as misinformation.
In the post I suggested that dogs would also need covid vaccinations and would be obliged to file quarantine plans.
It was intended as humorous because, as I thought would be obvious, dogs can't type, even if they have internet access to ArriveCan.
It has been explained to me however that not all Forum members would understand that and might be mislead.
To anyone who rushed out to get their Belgian Racing Beagle (or any other breed for that matter) vaccinated for Covid, I apologise. Because there is no such vaccination. None. Not for cats either, so don't even try.
Hope I cleared that up.

I won’t condemn you for having a sense of humor. Sadly it often is missed by many when posted on the forum. Often threads like this are read by people who are in a bit of a panic and are not thinking clearly so I understand the need to remove it.

I found it obviously written in humor.

Back
Top Bottom