Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Southern Lady
Vessel Make
Albin 34' Bridge Trawler
We’re pleased to join. We’ve acquired Albin Bridge Trawler 34’ , looking forward cruising Chesapeake and Inland Water Way from Virginia to Florida very slowly, getting there not the objective.

Hope to learn from forum many things such as places to see, dock, fuel, eat. Tips on handling, information on speed and fuel consumption. We have single 350hp Cummins diesel.

We’ve been in sailing, small power boating and pontooning. Trawling is a new adventure.
Captainpontoon

Hope to learn from forum many things such as places to see, dock, fuel, eat.

The Waterway Guide is useful. There's also a paper mile-by-mile book that useful. And then the ActiveCaptain app is sometimes helpful too.

The AquaMap app can overlay recent USACE data (in-app purchase) and that's been helpful in some of the skinny areas. Makes a decent back-up for AICW navigation, too, and it can also display both WG and AC markers.

-Chris

Welcome aboard. Thank goodness you got rid of the pontoon. My wife says when we get too old to get on and off a real boat we should get a pontoon. I tell her that if we get a pontoon then take me out to the middle of the lake and push me off because life is pretty well over then…

Welcome aboard. Thank goodness you got rid of the pontoon. My wife says when we get too old to get on and off a real boat we should get a pontoon. I tell her that if we get a pontoon then take me out to the middle of the lake and push me off because life is pretty well over then…

Not too long ago... pontoon boats were pretty inexpensive, but not now!!

Thanks for the guidance. Will
Get the Waterway guide & Aquamap app. To get the Admiral comfortable and maybe more willing to cruise will go from Marina to Marina north from canal toward Norfolk, VA.

Any good suggestions which will thill the admiral?
Captainpontoon

Aqua Maps and Garmin’s Active Captain, good suggestions, downloaded both.. Now have problems of learning how to use them. We’re a. Lstep ahead as had Garmins in our Bonanza, learned them well. Thanks you active helpful forum members.

You might want to add Open CPN to your download list if you will be using a laptop.

Hello, we are planning for retirement years and looking at trawlers for our cruising plans. Looking forward to people's expertise and advice.

Steve

Hello, we are planning for retirement years and looking at trawlers for our cruising plans. Looking forward to people's expertise and advice.

Steve

Welcome Steve!

How about a few stats on type, size... maybe even the make of boat you seek to purchase? Can't provide suggestions beforehand. :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom