View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 04:38 PM   #1
Tanu Warrior

City: Campbell River
Vessel Name: Tanu Warrior
Vessel Model: Nelson Bros 1952
Hold/Fire Pump

Ahoy yee,

I have been working on the Tanu Warrior recently, a 55' West Coast Fishery vessel built in 1952 in Masset BC out of first growth timbers.
Ship details

8V71,Alison gear.. runs well, lotsa gear and goodies..and I've join this forum seeking information re TW and today specifically regarding the raw water fire pump or hold pump.

Has Vancouver BC CA, Pump and Power embossed in the pump housing casting.. likely a long defunct operation.

The pump is/was seized, have it apart now, new bearings and seals in order however I seek the advise of anyone familiar w/these old hold pumps..looks to me that possibly a stuffing type box/seal is employed to keep water in the pump and out of the bearing/shaft area..mostly interested to know anything more than I do now regarding these old hold pumps.

I'm well experienced in West Coast boats, worked at Canoe Cove MFG in 1980s and have owned several boats over many decades.

Tanu Warrior is in reasonable condition and while she may never work commercially again I'd like to restore some systems and bring other systems online for use once again.

Today I'm working twds establishing the water pump system for future use as a fire hose, a pump out or other service.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF2115.jpg  
Tanu Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote