Getting Lucky or Just Good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anode

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30'
Saturday I knocked my Shurhold Brush and Handle off the boat into 10 feet of
59F degree water.

How long did it float?......3 seconds tops.

It really does help to utter a few choice words but it did little to get the friggin' brush back.

I keep a treble hook and weight around for my stupid days but wasn't very optimistic about snagging the brush.

Second pass dragging the hook I caught the big one.

I shoulda bought a Lottery Ticket.

Attachments

• P1010147.jpg
    P1010147.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 112
  • P1010148.jpg
    P1010148.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010149.jpg
    P1010149.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 104
And a damn nice chair.

And a damn nice chair.

I lost a stringer with two strippers on it one time fishing at night then about an hour later i had another take down only to reel in and find my stringer with two fish on the end. Talk about dumb luck. Thgis happened while at anchor in the Sacramento river in april

bfloyd4445 said:
I lost a stringer with two strippers on it one time fishing at night then about an hour later i had another take down only to reel in and find my stringer with two fish on the end. Talk about dumb luck. Thgis happened while at anchor in the Sacramento river in april

I was with a couple of strippers one night fishing, what a good luck catch!

Elwin

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Fishing off of Grand Isle, La, in 100 or so feet of water caught a rod, reel and line, could not have been in the water for more than a day! Nice rig, used it for years.

I was with a couple of strippers one night fishing, what a good luck catch!

Elwin

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

hummm....me tinks u had more toonies than u needed to make stripers look like two strippers<smile>.....???......that must have been a good bottle got any left?

Fishing off of Grand Isle, La, in 100 or so feet of water caught a rod, reel and line, could not have been in the water for more than a day! Nice rig, used it for years.

love to fish down there one of these days. So many places to fish .... hows the fishing down there in the winter?

Fishing is good here in the winter, that would be Jan and Feb if it gets cold.
Really good in the salt marshes and around the oil platforms for reds and spec trout.
When I fished, constantly-----that was before my trawler style, and before GPS, used Cajun navigation to and from the oil rigs. That is check the block number on the rig, look at the "block chart" bingo that is your EXACT location.
I made up a sheet with all of the most productive rigs with compass headings and distance to the next rigs. Did not even need the chart. Handed out a couple hundred to fellow fishermen. I laminated them as well.

maybe i should come down there then instead of going to the desert in febuaray. I'm 65 and retired so i could squeeze a trip into my schedule. Could i rent a boat down there for a day oir two? I've never even been to the gulf coast
so you were a professional fiserman or just addicted to fishing like i was for many years?

Floyd,
I fished for years as an excuse to go on the boat. A fisherman goes on the boat to go fishing, I went fishing to go on the boat.
I can get the name of a guide and send to you if you like
e mail me direct at charlesculotta@gmail.com

bfloyd4445 said:
hummm....me tinks u had more toonies than u needed to make stripers look like two strippers<smile>.....???......that must have been a good bottle got any left?

:confused:

Yep got lots left..

Back
Top Bottom