Smokin' is bad for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indefensible.

ancora - If I were you I'd just lie low for a while and hope this thread drifts into the back pages.
It would be nice if you reflect on what has been said and you realize that most people are fairly decent human beings who look out for one another; but somehow I doubt it.

The very concept , ideling the engines at no load frequently , is a DISASTER !

Doesn't matter who does this foolishness , the engines will not live long and prosper.

The owner needs to be informed of more than just a overheated engine!

Let's say we are all in a private marina, owned, operated, and maintained by the membership. You have a member who takes advantage of all the amenities provided by the club but does nothing to help keep it running. Do you owe any loyalty to the parasite?
How is this related to the topic?

Let's say we are all in a private marina, owned, operated, and maintained by the membership. You have a member who takes advantage of all the amenities provided by the club but does nothing to help keep it running. Do you owe any loyalty to the parasite?

So let's say you are correct in your evaluation of this member. What is being done to get rid of the member if he is such a bad member?

1. The BOD writes to the member and confronts him.

2. Fire bomb his boat.

3. The BOD votes the member out or buys him out.

4. Fire bomb his boat.

5. Let his maid service destroy his engine and then the boat can't be moved. That will make him leave.

6. Fire bomb his boat.

Childish behavior at best. Although I'm sure you like 2-4-6 boats near to the boat on fire are subject to loss as well. You might keep that in mind.

Let's get back to the owner, who cares so little for the welfare of his boat engines that he is willing to let the cleaning ladies(yes, they were the cleaning ladies) run up his engines every two weeks, for months on end. If he doesn't care, why should anyone else? Some of the responses got me thinkin' I hit a nerve here. How many forum members also trust their boats to cleanin' ladies and dock rats?

Let's get back to the owner, who cares so little for the welfare of his boat engines that he is willing to let the cleaning ladies(yes, they were the cleaning ladies) run up his engines every two weeks, for months on end. If he doesn't care, why should anyone else? Some of the responses got me thinkin' I hit a nerve here. How many forum members also trust their boats to cleanin' ladies and dock rats?

You would have done better by letting the thread die on its own.

Indefensible.

I agree 100%!!

There is no way that I could sit and watch something go wrong that would result in damages to someones boat or property without giving a warning or at least trying.

If my engine(s) were not pushing water out of the exhausts when they are running, and I don't catch it....I can only hope that someone will yell, point, jump up and down...whatever... And I would be very grateful for the heads up.

Its a question or matter of "human decency"......

Last edited:
....a few years ago there's a nasty three day blow on Lake Michigan. The marina came alive with four foot rollers pouring in through the shipping channel and bouncing off the other end of the harbor. Total chaos in the anchorage and at the marina. Boats (40-50 footers) are smashing against their docks, lines parting, cleats ripping out of hulls.

We're the only live aboards in the marina, so my spouse and I are out in the middle of the night trying to secure other people's boats (absentee seasonal slip owners). One trawler is rolling insanely and smashing against the finger pier. I notice the wood trimmed hand rail on the starboard side is beginning to bang and chafe against a dock piling. The sawing action was headed for the hull once it finished with the railing. At risk to life and limb I leap aboard during one of the violent slams against the finger pier and haul in windward bow and stern lines to get the boat away from the dock. The following week the owner shows up and complains that I should have taken action sooner as a piddly piece of teak trim was beat up. Given his attitude, I have trouble picturing myself taking a risk for that particular boat owner in the future.

Last edited:
Tom,
Look's more and more like new hoses and excellent clamps w hoses changed once a year may be better than closing the sea cock. I close mine at times and not at other times .... Prolly the worst thing to do.

As to ancora he prolly steeped in it. Unthinkable.

Skidgear has a point based on actual gross ingratitude and discourtesy.
On Ancora`s views. When you are in a hole, best stop digging.

Skidgear has a point based on actual gross ingratitude and discourtesy.
On Ancora`s views. When you are in a hole, best stop digging.

What hole? Ancora relates an odd occurance...some board members use it as an opportunity to make a personal attack, and then others join in. Very strange...very sanctimonious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom