• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

2003 Mainship 390 For sale $179,900.00 Canadian Dollars $135,000 US Dollars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartouche

Vessel Name
On The EdJ
Vessel Make
Former 390 owner now Sundancer 380
Cartouche our beloved Mainship 390 is for sale she is Canadian registered by name out of the Port of Montreal. She is at the dock in Kingston Ontario. we Purchased her in 2017 and have full documentation and contact with all the 3 owners she has had since Launch. She was originally purchased and Launched in Toronto Ontario in July 2003 and named Passage Maker and has been in fresh water except for the summer of 2006 when she was in Labrador on the Atlantic Coast. She came back from the coast in the summer of 2007 and has been in the great lakes and Rideau Canal for the rest of her life. She has a Yanmar 6LYA-STP single engine with 2033 engine hours. the Kohler 8KW Genset has 225 Hours on it. Cartouche has been heavily customized and loved by us. we installed a very unique complete enclosure in 2017. stern thruster was installed in 2020 and the original Side power bow thruster works like a charm. when the stern thruster was installed I added a wireless remote for both the Bow and stern thrusters. The couch has been removed and replaced with 2 Palliser wall away Leather recliners/ a full list of upgrades and electronics which are all new (within last 4 years.) 6 Docking security cameras, are available on request. No Tire kickers please She sits in the winter on a custom made cradle to allow for proper drainage and support. all the upholstery was replaced in 2017 and carpet on the bridge deck and cockpit was installed the Bridge deck and swim platform as well as the stairs to the bridge has SeaTac installed and the Swim platform has been removed and cleaned out with 2 hatches installed for great storage. Note the custom table up on the bridge deck inlayed with the Boats name. she is unique and every where she goes people comment on how she looks. all the canvas opens and is screened (except the upper helm windows have no screen

Attachments

• Cartouche Home for the winter 1.jpg
    Cartouche Home for the winter 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 91
  • How we bought her.jpg
    How we bought her.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 80
  • P1080091 (2).jpg
    P1080091 (2).jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180815_153719.jpg
    20180815_153719.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20210417_133947.jpg
    20210417_133947.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180627_151152.jpg
    20180627_151152.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 20180706_131754.jpg
    20180706_131754.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 87
  • Cartouche hauling for the winter.jpg
    Cartouche hauling for the winter.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 82
Ed - I love your boat and the only reason I can’t proceed is that I’m down in NJ and 1) don’t have the experience to move it here and 2) I think the fuel cost would be prohibitive. Also, do you know if there would be duty or taxes/fees for a Canadian flagged boat and if so, approx cost?

Nice looking boat. Good luck, I expect it will sell easily. Curious about the name though and google is not much help.

Nice looking boat. Good luck, I expect it will sell easily. Curious about the name though and google is not much help.
The previous owners were Professor emirates at McGill in Montréal, The meaning of Cartouche is the scroll that the story of life is written. we loved it and kept the name, it also describes ammo Cartridge which is a stretch and not what she was named for

Ed - I love your boat and the only reason I can’t proceed is that I’m down in NJ and 1) don’t have the experience to move it here and 2) I think the fuel cost would be prohibitive. Also, do you know if there would be duty or taxes/fees for a Canadian flagged boat and if so, approx cost?
Sorry I haver no idea on what American Duty is to bring a boat for us up here from the states is we have to pay HST on the landed value of the vessel, and then with that reciept it can be Canadian Registered, as long as the survey says it complies to Canadian Saftey standards

Interesting question. If a US built boat is registered outside the US, does it require import duty when returning to US registry? Realize it can come back to US Registration before it actually enters US waters so you would just clear customs like normal. I don’t think it has to pay duty. Any other opinions?

First I am not an expert so take this with a grain of salt. I checked into a Tiara that was in Canada. It was built in the US. The broker told me no duty bringing it back into the US since it was built in then US. We didn’t buy the boat so I don’t have a concrete answer for this. That seemed reasonable but check it out for sure before buying.

Ed - my wife says we should consider this! I’ll take the rest of the conversation separately. But I’m way out of my depth (no pun intended) on getting to Erie Canal and following Hudson south. Can you include your services? Ha ha !

Ed - my wife says we should consider this! I’ll take the rest of the conversation separately. But I’m way out of my depth (no pun intended) on getting to Erie Canal and following Hudson south. Can you include your services? Ha ha !

We did the Hudson River north and the Champlain canal as new boaters. We were a bit anxious about it, but had a great time and memorable trip.

It is easier than you think. Just pick the weather and don’t have a schedule. The locks are intimidating at first but after a couple they are pretty easy and fun. Our dog loved the TSW locks since the lock master would give him treats.

I would say a freshwater boat is worth a premium and the delivery trip would be a great vacation, learning, cruise well eorth the fuel cost if you like the boat.
Many here have exoerience cruising that area and it a pleasant area.
If you are uncomfortable with canals & inland lakes, even Great Lakes how will you doo coastal cruising? What bettervwsy to learn... even if you take on some help or even a tesining Capt for a few days.
Think of it as Training $, Vacation $ and Delivery $ all rolled into one.
Happy to provide some lical knowledge / experience if desired.

Unfamiliar with canal and locks

I guess I didn’t make it clear, I have my captains license and have been boating for sixty five years. I’ve recently had a 37’ monohull sailboat, a 34’ catamaran and a 32’ power boat (all told 14 different boats over the years) and have navigated from Annapolis Md thru the Chesapeake going thru the Delaware Canal, then the Delaware Bay, the Cape May Canal and up the Atlantic navigating Barnegat Inlet and finally up Barnegat Bay to my home. I have done many ocean (coastal) cruises. What I haven’t done is to take a brand new to me boat and take it on waters I’m not familiar with and transiting thru locks and the like. My wife is uncomfortable with the overall idea but game. But if I do wind up with this boat and Ed is willing to really show me the ropes so I’m familiar with everything, I’m sure it will be a lot of fun!

I guess I didn’t make it clear, I have my captains license and have been boating for sixty five years. I’ve recently had a 37’ monohull sailboat, a 34’ catamaran and a 32’ power boat (all told 14 different boats over the years) and have navigated from Annapolis Md thru the Chesapeake going thru the Delaware Canal, then the Delaware Bay, the Cape May Canal and up the Atlantic navigating Barnegat Inlet and finally up Barnegat Bay to my home. I have done many ocean (coastal) cruises. What I haven’t done is to take a brand new to me boat and take it on waters I’m not familiar with and transiting thru locks and the like. My wife is uncomfortable with the overall idea but game. But if I do wind up with this boat and Ed is willing to really show me the ropes so I’m familiar with everything, I’m sure it will be a lot of fun!
I would take you through some locks here and I would get you across the Lake to the start of the Canal

Cartouche,

For some reason I am unable to send you a Prvt Message.

Reaching out to see if your Mainship is still available

Can you PM me?

Cartouche,

Can you PM me?
I will let you know later today my contact info is jbilling@cogeco.ca Larry and his wife are arriving today to see if she is a right fit for them

Good morning. The boat is stunning I purchased a Canadian boat (42’) about 10 years ago and had the owners help me bring it back to Cleveland. The process of “importing” a foreign vessel is reasonably straightforward and while there are agents who will assist in the process, it’s not necessary if you spend some time researching the steps involved. When I arrived in the US the boat stayed quarantined for a few days until the import duty was paid. My recollection is on a $170K USD oat the duty was about $2K. Fuel for an engine like this at 8-9 knots is negligible.

I should also say that if a boat was originally from the us then relocated to Canada and then relocated again to the Us I don’t know if a duty would be required. Just check the regs

No it does not

Interesting question. If a US built boat is registered outside the US, does it require import duty when returning to US registry? Realize it can come back to US Registration before it actually enters US waters so you would just clear customs like normal. I don’t think it has to pay duty. Any other opinions?

No duty or import taxes to be paid on a US manufactured boat coming back to the US. A friend just did the same thing.

The previous owners were Professor emirates at McGill in Montréal, The meaning of Cartouche is the scroll that the story of life is written. we loved it and kept the name, it also describes ammo Cartridge which is a stretch and not what she was named for
Many thanks for all the interest in our beloved Cartouche, Larry has come up from New Jersey and Pending survey her new home will be at the end of their Garden, Pretty incredible place for our beautiful girls.

Cartouche,

Can you PM me?
many thanks she is now sold pending survey

Ed,
Thank you for all your recommendations and assistance with my MS 390. Your boat is a great. If you decided to part it out (haha) I want the custom table!
Best of luck to you,
Hawk

Ed,
Thank you for all your recommendations and assistance with my MS 390. Your boat is a great. If you decided to part it out (haha) I want the custom table!
Best of luck to you,
Hawk
Many thanks but that is going with Larry & Legia to New Jersey, along with all the other treasured stuff aboard. we will be very sad to watch her go under the Lassalle Causeway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom