Ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a new member and we are looking into being a trawler owner or an upgrade power crusier for the loop. We want something more in sz than 32'. My question is we are in the process of selling our 89 32' carver. Has anyone ever tried using ebay for large ticket items and avoid scams. Is it a good idea or bad to do this on ebay. We are using the marina's web site, but with winter they don't push boats until Jan or Feb. Our boat will be shrink wrapped but we will have a zipper to get inside. We may not be much.luck in selling our boat. My son has been telling me to do ebay.
Any thoughts or know someone who has done this approach.

Tried to sell my sailboat on EBay and had no luck, lots of calls but no bids. My minimum price was $12,000. I did sell a motorcycle for $16,000 on EBay with no problems, just followed their recommendations. Check other ads to see their wording and payment requirements, etc. I know lots of people that have sold big stuff on EBay, with proper precautions you should have no problems.

I bought my boat on eBay.

I listed my last boat on E-Bay and had a winning bidder. Keep in mind that "winning" a bid on E-Bay only puts the buyer and seller in contact. There is no binding contract. The only thing you can do if they back out is post a negative about them with E-Bay.

That being said, I got all the necessary paperwork from Boat/US as a member. He signed the standard earnest money contract based on survey, sea trial and financing. He backed out saying he didn't like the way the boat handled, and got his money back. I really think he found a boat he liked better while he had traveled to look at mine. Worth a try though. At the time, the max fee from E-Bay was something like $150, no matter what you sold the boat for. Most expensive listing was about the same.

I've seen some big ticket boats on craigslist

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom