View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
Sleepy Maggie

City: Allendale
Willard 30 Nomad

Hello!

I just purchased the Nomad I've oggled for many years!

I started looking for an Albin 27FC a long time ago and I couldn't help but notice the Willards that popped up.
It was a choice between a smaller, trailerable boat or one with a bit more substance for longer voyages.

I watched her sell for just over 30k in Traverse City, MI and looked elsewhere.
She popped up on Craigslist a month ago at 15k and I was off and running!

The owner had taken her out a few times and she overheated. He purchased a rebuilt 4.108 along with rebuilding the velvet drive, put them in the boat and stopped.
At 84, he just couldn't crawl around in the bilge and decided to worry more about a good future home than any loss of investment.

Though she needs a good refit, a trip through the plumbing and wiring, she is in incredible shape for a 48 year old!
A previous owner and handyman finished the interior with cherry wood. There's not a blister to be seen and never a leak topsides.

She won't get wet until next Summer until she's been thoroughly sorted but I'm one giant step closer to joining the other turtles on the pond.
I'm a bagpiper and she'll be christened Sleepy Maggie after the pipe / fiddle tune and my grandmum, Maggie Moodie.

Paul
Sleepy Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote