View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 02:57 PM   #11
capran

City: Colbert
Vessel Name: Honu
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38/Mariner Saville 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
In short, your Victron/Phoenix setup is doing exactly what it is supposed to do :-)
I don't even know. I am assuming it is charging and running the inverter the few times I have taken it out. When the blue light was flashing and the yellow light was not on absorbtion, float or bulk, I assume something is not working right. Sounds like I just need to consider that doing things like running the mircowave while on shore power or the coffee maker while on shore power is going to stop the charger from being able to work, hence the yellow light is off. But when the microwave stops, then the steady blue light and a yellow light come back on, so I guess that is still working. I am hesitant to increase the dial about the 16 amps that the PO set, afraid something bad might happen. It's also frustrating since the BMV-702 is only apparently reading outgoing amps, even though the charger is clearly on. I would not have a clue how to trace back the wiring to know why. on another thread someone suggested the shunt is likely only hooked up to read outgoing amps rather that considering incoming amps charged.
capran is offline   Reply With Quote