arrive can cant upload passport photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkcorwin

Vessel Name
Pendana
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 62
I am trying to upload my information into arrive can to cross the border.

I am allowed to upload photos of my vaccine cards, but am never asked to upload passport photos. It asks for passport # yes, but no picture. Am I missing something or has this changed?

Thanks.

I used it a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine. Nothing has changed afaik.

-tozz

It just scans the numbers off your passport, takes a picture of your vax card. The pick list for ports of entry doesn’t list Bedwell (and probably other minor marine ports of entry in the Gulf Islands). The CBSA officer I talked to on the phone audibly groaned at the oversight and told me to enter Victoria as they really didn’t care about any of the information except your passport number and vax info. Same for the “destination address” in Canada, which makes no sense when you are arriving by boat. You can put “NA” in most of the fields, but it insists on a valid postal code. I just googled one for Victoria. I had no trouble reporting by phone at Bedwell with this information. Five minutes to clear through.

Just uploaded nexus cards and vaccinations on Arrive Can. It froze the first time so I just closed the app and started over. Second time was the charm. Got my code and an email.

App had to be updated from when I crossed last September.

Bedwell was closed with no opening date planned when arrivecan was developed

The App Store page says it was updated one month ago with additional ports of entry, but Bedwell apparently wasn’t one of them.

New update includes Bedwell.

We scanned our Nexus cards Address an issue

I am trying to upload my information into arrive can to cross the border.

I am allowed to upload photos of my vaccine cards, but am never asked to upload passport photos. It asks for passport # yes, but no picture. Am I missing something or has this changed?

Thanks.

We took pictures of our Nexus cards and up loaded them. The areas they were concerned about were circled by the app.

I was more perplexed by the local address they wanted, someplace you would be for 14 days after entering Canada. I finally gave them the address of the marina we scheduled for our first stop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom