a lot to learn and plenty of time to learn it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chasles22

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Cavalier
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee LRC 61'
house sold last fall, major life and career changes happened or pending.... semi-retirement in mid 40s, wife made the call on buying a boat, shopping commenced.

last Saturday our offer was accepted on a boat, survey on the 30th, closing on the 15th, slip arranged, training captain in place.

we're starting to get a little excited!

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Have fun kids...

iu

Most definitely keep us in the loop and LOTS of pictures, please.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the boat purchase.

Have fun and please post details and pictures of your new boat!

YES! Welcome aboard, but you must know we don't think you have a boat until you show us a photo. :) When you get adventurous, if you are keeping the boat in St Pete, come on up to the PC area, and we'll put you in one of our spare slips behind the house.

YES! Welcome aboard, but you must know we don't think you have a boat until you show us a photo. :) When you get adventurous, if you are keeping the boat in St Pete, come on up to the PC area, and we'll put you in one of our spare slips behind the house.

haha, being circumspect because i believe "it ain't until it is" so it's not my boat until at least july 15th.... the boat is a cheoy lee.

PC.... port charlotte? haha, be sure, because we will 100% take you up on that offer. no dock queen here, so we are making all kinds of initial cruising plans to get trained up and get more comfortable.

edit: duh, signature!!! panama city... even better!!!

haha, being circumspect because i believe "it ain't until it is" so it's not my boat until at least july 15th.... the boat is a cheoy lee.

PC.... port charlotte? haha, be sure, because we will 100% take you up on that offer. no dock queen here, so we are making all kinds of initial cruising plans to get trained up and get more comfortable.

edit: duh, signature!!! panama city... even better!!!

Point taken, but when it is yours..................

Yup, a tiny bit more adventurous than PChar.

Point taken, but when it is yours.................

be ready, i'm gonna be like a first time grandpa, you'll be sick of the pictures posts!!! (and the cruising posts, and the question posts, and the panicky what is this knob for posts, and the freakout holding tank posts, and the.....)

Oh, we love the what's this knob/button/thing. It's like the old TV show "What's My Line?"

Oh, we love the what's this knob/button/thing. It's like the old TV show "What's My Line?"

haha, already had one in the engine room during a viewing. there was a rando knob in the helm and some boxes on top of an enginer with various connections and as i was contemplating the owner returned (we had welcomed them back to their own boat to chat a little and get a tour) and it turned out to be a bodged on engine sync... i said "ahh, that explains the weird aftermarket knob in the helm!" he just grinned and shook my hand. "ya" was all he said.

house sold last fall, major life and career changes happened or pending.... semi-retirement in mid 40s, wife made the call on buying a boat, shopping commenced.

last Saturday our offer was accepted on a boat, survey on the 30th, closing on the 15th, slip arranged, training captain in place.

we're starting to get a little excited!
Yes, welcome to TF. And oh my God, how lucky are you..? To be in the position of semi-retiring at 40+ AND your wife ordering you to start looking for a live-aboard boat. Wow..! :D ?

Hi chassles22 - Welcome! We are early 50s and hoping to ramp down employment in the next few years. Just got an offer accepted on our first ever boat purchase last Friday! Feeling as excited as you are!

Hi chassles22 - Welcome! We are early 50s and hoping to ramp down employment in the next few years. Just got an offer accepted on our first ever boat purchase last Friday! Feeling as excited as you are!

Wow that's amazing!!! Our survey is this Thursday!! Things are getting real real!!!

You will enjoy!!

Now - Photos... Please!!!

Congrats and count me as jealous. Late 50s here. House sold and living on the company for another year or two which is a pretty good deal. Ready to start shopping for my live aboard.

welp. survey complete. lots of "deferred maintenance" which we expected but possible major issue with stabilizers (continuous high temp alert or just a bad gauge according to the owner...) and the exhaust/muffler was leaking under hard loading... no bueno. also obvious oil in coolant (like no sample results needed) but it really seems like maybe the owner grabbed the wrong blue jug while filling?? unknown next actions there. waiting on the survey to make a next action decision.

what have we done?

we close on the 29th, she goes to the yard for some long due maintenance on the 1st of august. this is her:

our brokers listing

previous listing with denison

we will have questions. a LOT of questions.... mostly the first ones are all "what have we done?"

what have we done?

we close on the 29th, she goes to the yard for some long due maintenance on the 1st of august. this is her:

our brokers listing

previous listing with denison

we will have questions. a LOT of questions.... mostly the first ones are all "what have we done?"

She is a beauty. Congrats on your new boat. However the approximately 1GPH at 8 knots is not believable. Maybe 1 MPG at 8 knots.

She is a beauty. Congrats on your new boat. However the approximately 1GPH at 8 knots is not believable. Maybe 1 MPG at 8 knots.

totally. we assumed that from the beginning and the owner confirmed burns about 1MPG at 8mph. still not too shabby.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom