Happy Summer Solstice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Hope this day finds you on the water!!!:thumb:

Now we start loosing daylight...:nonono:

Always a big deal to me and the day never goes unnoticed after all my years in Alaska, but it's barely noticed or completely ignored here in South Dakota. Happy Solstice to everybody!

Summer Solstice has arrived!
Happily, it is warm enough, barely, for boating, at long last. Looking forward to the arrival of summer weather, predicted to occur some time later this week, though we have been promised before.

Yeah, and mother nature is celebrating by cranking the temp up to 107!

On Georgian Bay (Canada) last night crossing from Port Severn to the North Channel. Supposed to blow 35 to 40 knots today into tonight. Last night, glassy calm with Sunset around 9pm. Sunrise this morning around 5am. Great night for a crossing! Now it's time to bury the Rochna in the clay and hunker down.

Ted

We spent it doing Semton Bay in the Misty Fiords with friends. Long day, cruised the bay both arms and then came out and anchored in Shoal Water Passage.. beautiful. Saw our first bear... it's good to be on the water.

Attachments

• waterfalls.jpg
    waterfalls.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 14
More like summer hell here. I don't remember ever having two weeks of over 100F heat index (114 in Panama City last week) in JUNE! Had to cancel fishing trip because at my age these conditions are simply dangerous.

More like summer hell here. I don't remember ever having two weeks of over 100F heat index (114 in Panama City last week) in JUNE! Had to cancel fishing trip because at my age these conditions are simply dangerous.

agreed! August wx for sure....Hot as hell

Here in SW BC, today is getting livable. Yesterday was Junuary at its best, cold and wet.
One year ago at this time, we began a week of insanely hot weather, called a "heat dome". That term hadn't been used before in this area. I think we were over 100°F for many of those days. It was so hot it bubbled the varnish on my rails on the then sunny side of the boat, where the sun reflected from the newly white painted house onto the rails as well as a direct hit, all of which had no cooling breeze. I prefer this year's cool weather, along with a forecast of seasonable weather to start now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom